Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23

Tisi, watch it! James van der Beek ("The Beek from the Creek", "La Beek c'est chic") is portrayed as a disgusting sex addict holding on to his former glory and banging chicks to the sound of "I Don't Want To Wait".

"Portrayed"? ;)

New York City is used so often because it's the BEST FUCKING CITY IN THE WORLD well it used to be before Bloomberg ruined it but it's still THE BEST FUCKING CITY IN AMERICA.

Setting a show in NYC or Los Angeles means you can have celebrity guest shots that are believable since they really live there, but NYC is preferable to LA because LA is a dry, fetid, fake community with no soul or character or even any attractive neighborhoods in the actual city proper, while NYC is FUCKING SUBLIME eh?

New York City is used so often because it's the BEST FUCKING CITY IN THE WORLD well it used to be before Bloomberg ruined it but it's still THE BEST FUCKING CITY IN AMERICA.

Every city thinks that.

I'm sure NYC IS A FINE PLACE DONT YELL AT ME I'M JUST TIRED AND FEEL SNARKY LOLDXALFHIHSIOHFOIHFHIO

RABBLE>

THERE IS NO SNARK IN THE MINE FIELD. HOW DARE YOU UNCLOG YOUR SNARK GLANDS ALL OVER OUT MAGICAL LAND. YOU ARE UNCLEAN YOU SHORTBREAD DISC CHANGER.

The way the show is built, when confronted with this selfish dishonest woman, the "natural" conclusion for the honest blond chick isn't to seek justice or move on to someone better, but to transform herself into the same selfish, dishonest kind of person in order to fit in. I get black comedy when I see it, but this show seems like too much of a hybrid that wants it all. THEN AGAIN I'VE ONLY SEEN THE PILOT PLUS I'M TIRED AND CRANKY TODAY SO WHO KNOWS LOL.

I watched the pilot and I can kind of see where you're coming from. Having a main character that does so much negative behaviour is tricky, because push it too far then you just have a flat out unlikable character, which I do feel it was pushing at times. You have to temper it with some positive aspects to the character, but doing that too much destroys the balance. And it's a hard balance to find, so it's hardly fair to expect it in the pilot. I mean I'll probably keep watching because I want to fit in and be cool, but hopefully they sort out a good balance for the character.

And god help me if I don't love that Van Der Beek.

Setting a show in NYC or Los Angeles means you can have celebrity guest shots that are believable since they really live there, but NYC is preferable to LA because LA is a dry, fetid, fake community with no soul or character or even any attractive neighborhoods in the actual city proper, while NYC is FUCKING SUBLIME eh?

I get bitchy about NY and LA because they have all the good cop shows and Neil Patrick Harris.

Texas has GCB (camp, yes) Big Rich Texas (reality), set in Dallas and I ever run across any of those horrid cunts I will slice them open.

You had Top Chef last year, but then again it was one of the worst seasons they ever did because too many of the challenges revolved around Texas BBQ stereotypes. BUT THEN CHARLIZE THERON AND PEE WEE HERMAN WERE THERE TOO.

Oooooh!! And don't forget Dr. T and His Women with Richard Gere.

Yes, we're allowed to smoke in the gyno stirrups and there's champagne served in all the stores at North Park Mall.

"The program is a sexist mixed-bag of hedonism, drug-use, alcohol abuse (including the main character plying a 13-year-old boy with alcohol to get him drunk) and explicit levels of promiscuity that are shocking even by today's broadcast TV standards." - Parents Television Council, apparently trying to get me to watch the show.

(Hat tip: Cassie.)

Tonight's episode was fairly good. I can not say it was as great as the pilot, but I liked it none the less.

I liked the unexpected twists! It was okay! Some bits were funny, some weren't, but it wasn't bad!

But yeah are the Pervy Neighbour and the Stalker Neighbour regular characters? Because they're a bit one note. Maybe they'll be developed later? Probably not.

"You're everywhere and nowhere, Dawson!"

I liked this episode more than the first!

The her bitchiness was much easier to handle and it had some funny bits and seriously ow if this show gets cancelled just give James van der Beek his own show about himself because he's fantastic.

It's weird to see Jimmy Olsen #1 from Lois & Clark as a middle-aged dad. But he still looks okay in bicycle shorts. (The actor is only 39 now)

Ooh, he was fired from Lois And Clark for being too handsome, wasn't he? He's only nine years older than Krysten Ritter. But maybe that's why she turned out so weird.

Back