Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23

I thought episode four was the best episode yet. All the elements came together perfectly in the end and not only was it funny but I actually cared about the characters a bit! Van Der Beek was part of the main story and used perfectly, Pervy Guy is actually a proper character (Stalker Neighbour still needs work), there were nice dresses, and Kevin Sorbo was awesome. And I fucking cracked up Van Der Beek throwing his dance move in the fake argument. And the Guy Ritchie movies.

It popped!

I still think the pilot was the best episode.

This episode was good though. I like how they are handling pervy guy's character. They could over use him, but are not.

That's good. Just finished watching. Except, if you don't turn off the video play, abc runs the next episode of Revenge. Now I can't turn it off. it's getting quirky. Fox is weird. They get one XFiles and they think they are GOD.

The character development with Chloe was good as well.

So far the show is doing fairly well with character development, I think.

Its nice to see that they're expanding the role of window perv guy. He's in a band and now he's a health inspector too. Window pervs are real people too.

I found the whole jam bath at the end hilarious. "So did you watch Castle last night? I know, it's getting better!" Not funny written down but funny when spoken by a man bathing in jam.

I think they're showing the episodes out of order because the part with Chloe and creepy neighbour wearing the same dress was shown in the opening montage of a previous episode. That would maybe explain why Chloe and June seemed less friendly at the start of this week's after getting close last week (or that could just have been becaue it's a crazy sitcom.)

I'm still quite impressed by how crazy and random the show is. Everything with JVDB is gold and the girls are very funny (and yes I appreciate that they're good looking and doing sexy jam things, but they're funny too!)

"Bitch, please...bitch."

I'd say that was probably the best episode so far. They've found the characters voices and it works really well.

Also James Van Der Beek.

Really? There's something fundamental I don't get about the greatness of this show then.

It can't decide just how cartoonish it intends to be from minute to minute. Krysten Ritter may be good on other shows (I don't watch Breaking Bad), but I think she's awful on this show, because the wildly inconsistent tone of her acting tells me that either she or the director don't know how cartoonish to go either.

There are funny bits in each episode, but at the end I'm unsatisfied. I GUESS WE JUST THROW THIS ON THE PILE WITH THE OTHER SHOWS THAT THE MINE FIELD LOVES BUT I DONT THEREBY MAKING ME A SAD, SMELLY OUTCAST LOL RAZORBLADE

Irony: James Van Der Beek is the best actor on this show by far, playing a cartoon of himself. He at least understands tone, and choosing a level and sticking with it.

Back