I want to smell dark matter
GOOD.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]-FX_t6OMA8U[/YOUTUBE]

Best scene ever.

CaptainWacky

If you haven't watched the Holiday Special episode yet, DON'T. (It's utter shit.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Im still waiting for them to start showing them over here.

CaptainWacky

Sky keep endlessly repeating the four movies (I guess they don't have the rights to anything else.)

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
If you haven't watched the Holiday Special episode yet, DON'T. (It's utter shit.)

Agreed. It was terrible. I think the worst episode they have had.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
All together now: "Good news, everyone!"
'Futurama' renewed for two more years

by James Hibberd
Mar 24 2011 12:32 PM ET

Good news, everyone!

Everybody’s favorite canceled animated Fox show (well, for Family Guy fans with long memories, second favorite) is getting a couple more years of life: Comedy Central’s Futurama has been renewed for two more years, say sources close to the production.

The network has picked up another two cycles of 13 episodes — and neither include the upcoming batch that launches this June. So that keeps Futurama on the air through 2013. (Whether the order is called the seventh season, or the eighth and ninth season, is still being debated — since seasons on Comedy Central are split over two years, do you call each year’s batch a season or do you call the full 26 episode order a season?) At any rate, last season averaged 2.5 million viewers per week once DVR is added in.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Now all we need is for a channel to start showing them in the UK

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well THAT sucks.

CaptainWacky

If Sky aren't going to show them then there's no moral reason why you shouldn't download them.

But don't bother with the Christmas one, it was shite.

CaptainWacky

GOOD EPISODE THIS WEEK.

I LIKE THE CRUSHINATOR.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Comic-Con: 'Pressure's Off' as 'Futurama' Gets Unexpected 2 More Seasons

Published: July 23, 2011 @ 2:42 pm
By Jake Weinraub

"Futurama" has, well, a future.

Whew.

Executive producer David X. Cohen told a packed Comic-Con ballroom that the Emmy-nominated animated series was just renewed for another two full seasons by Comedy Central.

“The mood is better now,” Cohen told the crowd. “Pressure’s off now that we’re in our second life -- we didn’t expect to be back.”

The show faced erratic airings on Fox until Comedy Central picked it up in 2005. On its June 2010 sixth-season debut, the show earned Comedy Central its highest-rated night for that year, becoming its most-watched Thursday primetime airing ever.

“Futurama” and “The Simpsons” creator and executive producer Matt Groening shared his excitement for the show’s “Best Animated Series” Emmy nomination for its sentimental episode “The Late Philip J. Fry,” which follows the almost-failed romance of Fry (Billy West) and Leela (Katey Sagal).

And Cohen said he promises more tender moments in a seventh season finale, where Bender gets over-clocked, becoming “a super god-like being with no interest in human affairs” -- meanwhile Fry and Leela are considering their own future together.

As for the cast’s other projects, “Futurama” actors are voicing everything from Billy West’s take on Elmer Fudd in new Looney Tunes cartoons to Phil Lamar’s (Hermes) co-staring role with Hugh Jackman in “The Real Steel.” “Sons of Anarchy” star Sagal won a Golden Globe for the motorcycle drama, which is filming its fourth season.

Besides upcoming animé, black & white and '80s videogame-style versions of the show, “Futurama” also released a “Head in the Jar Creator” iPhone app.

“Bite my shiny metal app,” said John DiMaggio in the voice of crass robot Bender.

The panel ended with a "Bender Draw-Off" between Groening and storyboard artist Peter Avanzino, in which Groening playfully beat Avanzino with quickly-drawn thee robot illustrations (and one Popeye) to Avanzino's most meticulous one.

Groening recently released the graphic novel “The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis,” the fifth of the Futurama comic collection.

“The Simpsons” kicks off its 23rd season Sept. 25, which will contain its star-studded 500th episode in February.

The iPhone app is fun:

1760.imgcache.jpg

whisky

Boobie inspector
They finally started showing this in the UK now.

First two episodes weren't that great.

CaptainWacky

They get better. Then worse. Then better. Then slightly worse. Then the same. Then a bit better. Then worse. Then a lot better. Then slightly less better but still better than worse. Then Zoidberg turns into a breadbin.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This thread title is true again! New episodes begin tonight at 10 on Comedy Central.

To celebrate, they made a live-action version of the opening sequence a la Simpsons:

[YOUTUBEHD]3LyhVCsad9A[/YOUTUBEHD]

COMMENCE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THE SHOW ISN'T AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE (which is true)

CaptainWacky

Well I remember there were some bad episodes last season but some good ones too, so maybe it'll be good!

CaptainWacky

I watched the two new episodes. They were pretty good. Not LIKE IT WAS IN THE OLD DAYS (for example, the "emotional ending" of the first episode fell flat whereas in the old days they could almost literally make me cry) but certainly not "this show sucks now" level or anything.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm surprised they haven't done a Futurama/Simpsons crossover episode by now.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ COMMANDER -- IT IS TIME.

CaptainWacky

Let's fucking hope not!