Futurama starts up again in June!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched the two new episodes.

Professor racing episode: Fucking awful.

Monkey episode: Passable.
This.

The 2-D thing was a clever idea, but the writing was like fanfic. The Professor making a self-referential joke about the fact that he says "Good News!"? That's a no-no. And the visual gags about Speed Buggy and Sped Racer? Family Guy wants them back. Why not have Peter walk on and introduce them as cutaways?

The monkey episode was okay, I need to watch it again. At least it was a self-contained story and not a rudderless parody of something that was topical a year ago.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
The 2-D episode was a cgi masturbation piece.

The only funny part was the opening vaudevillian joke about the "matter compressor".

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked the "unspoken verbal abuse" line but that was all really.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The one shown today on sky was absolutely dire.

It was the one where they showed three different styles of animation, old disney, 8 bit, and 70s japanese.

CaptainWacky

Too many poop and butt jokes, but I liked that Bender has a photo of himself standing over a defeated Fry in a boxing match.

CaptainWacky

I thought this week's was PRETTY DECENT. I liked all the continuity nods at Bender's funeral (penguins!)

CaptainWacky

Bender As A Fireman Episode: Good episode. Lots of funny lines and moments. I mean it was a week ago now so I can't quote them but there was something about Gilgamesh.

Nixon Watches Cartoons: Umm, yeah, it was one of THOSE episodes. The Scooby Doo parody wasn't very funny. I mean fucking Family Guy's done funnier Scooby Doo parodies, probably. Family Guy! But I did laugh at George Takei's "no, I'm mentally ill!" line. The middle one was referencing something I've never watched, I guess. Nixon's overdubbing of the GI Joe thing was funny in places. So I don't know, not totally terrible but I don't like "those" episodes as much as normal good episodes.

CaptainWacky

Did they have their own breakfast cereal?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
9682.imgcache.jpg

9683.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

IT ALL ADDS UP.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
PART OF THIS COMPLETE BREAKFAST (if you're a fat pig who spends an hour at the breakfast table)

CaptainWacky

Calculon 2.0 - Good episode. Calculon is always a lot of fun. Well, he was. He's dead again.

CaptainWacky

"If I could do it all over again, I still would have killed those astronauts. Well, wouldn't you?"

CaptainWacky

Assie Come Home - This wasn't bad. I mean, the story was bad. There's no getting around that. And I think they overdo the "loads of people die but our heroes are happy!" kind of endings sometimes. Like I didn't mind the part with Tinny Tim (actually it was really funny) but all the ships crashing at the end...eh. But there were quite a few funny lines. I liked the Let This Be Your Last Battlefield reference on the gang planet ("too many people and mirrors have been shot!") and the lighthouse keeper was funny. So yeah, not bad.

CaptainWacky

Game Of Tones - They did it. I didn't think it would happen in the final season, but it did. They made me cry again. The plot was kind of a mess, but it was all worth it for that last scene. So perfect.

(And yeah this was the episode where Seth MacFarlane voiced Seymour but it was one quick line and it made sense within the context of the episode OKAY.)

CaptainWacky

Murder On The Planet Express - This episode didn't make me cry, but it was funny. Another "dark" ending but this time I think it fit in with the rest of the episode (and really he deserved to die.)

CaptainWacky

Stench And Stenchability - This episode was decent. The subplot was amusing (and literally had Bender dancing on a dead child's body) and the main plot was okay. I mean there's probably a reason they don't do many Zoidberg episodes and there wasn't much to the story, but Emilia Clarke has a nice voice and it was fine. And once again I found the ending quite emotional. Zoidberg has a girlfriend and is happy! There was no bittersweet twist, it was just a happy ending!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Always the sign of a series on the way out forever -- the characters actually start getting what they desire.