Futurama starts up again in June!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well they didn't actually know it was going to be the end when they made these episodes, DID THEY?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They probably decided to treat every new season like it was the last after the reboot. Comedy Central was taking it year by year, and it has to be an expensive show to make, especially after luring back the original cast.

Besides Stewart/Colbert, every other CC show consists of a standup comics doing their acts, or standing in front of a green screen snarking on internet videos. Pennies.

CaptainWacky

HOW ABOUT SARAH SILVERMAN SHOUTING AT JEWS?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
DONE!

CaptainWacky

Meanwhile - And so it ends. Again. It was a good episode. Not the best EVER and not as good as The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, but a good heartfelt finale. I will miss Futurama and other people will now post saying they'll miss it even though they don't actually watch it any more.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It was fun to have the extra episodes, even though the current writers never quite got the 'voice' of the original show exactly right. I will miss it, but at the same time I'd rather have good episodes to watch forever in reruns that more seasons of continually declining quality.

IT BETTER NOT DISAPPEAR FROM TV NOW.

CaptainWacky

Some of the writers had been with the show since the original season (the one who wrote the series finale wrote the previous series finales, FOR EXAMPLE.)

BUT YEAH IN GENERAL it wasn't as good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It might be coming back again, anyway. There was something to that effect on Digital Spy last week.

I was really excited when it came back this time, but the episodes were often pretty lame. I mean, that one where everyone had "eye phones" or something and watched videos of Susan Boil on Lela's backside... wtf.

CaptainWacky

There were some good episodes this half season!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I like.

‘Simpsons'-'Futurama’ Crossover to Air in November
TCA 2014: “Simpsons” producer Al Jean also teases the death of a character in the upcoming season

TV | By Tim Kenneally on July 20, 2014 @ 6:07 pm

Good news, everyone! And woo hoo! The crossover between Matt Groening series “The Simpsons” and “Futurama” is coming in just a few months.

The crossover episode of the two series will air on Fox as an episode of “The Simpsons” in November, “Simpsons” producer Al Jean said during a panel at the Television Critics Association on Sunday.

The crossover episode will feature “Futurama” voice actors Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche, Phil LaMarr, Lauren Tom and Tress MacNeille.

After originally running on Fox before getting picked up by Comedy Central, “Futurama” ended its series run in Sept. 2013.

Jean also said that a “Simpson” character will die this season. While the producer declined to say which character, he did offer the clue that the episode will be titled “Clown in the Dumps.”

He added that the actor who voices the character won an Emmy for his portrayal of the character.

Jean also said that it's possible the character could be resurrected in some form at some point in the future, perhaps in flashback or ghost form.

Also guest-starring on “The Simpsons” in its upcoming season, which premieres Sept. 28 is Jane Fonda, who'll play Mr. Burns’ girlfriend, Democratic Assemblywoman Maxine Lombard; and Willem Dafoe, as Bart's new bully of a teacher, Mr. Lassen.

Nick Offerman (“Parks and Recreation”), Sarah Silverman (“A Million Ways to Die in the West”), David Hyde Pierce (“Frazier”), comedian Jeffrey Ross and musician Matthew Sweet will also provide guest voices for the upcoming 26th season of “The Simpsons.”

whisky

Boobie inspector
I wish sky hadn't shown the simpsons futurama crossover episode before the final episode of futurama, as you know the professor wasn't really dead.

The end was a bit of a heartbreaker when Fry and Lela years of marriage just disapeared without any of them remembering it.

With that simpsons thing as a last hurrah, it really feels over, but I don't think I am ready to let them go.

Guess I don't really have a choice.

Goodbye fururama, you made me laugh a lot, and you made me cry a lot too.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's true -- no Simpsons episode was ever as gut-wrenching as Jurassic Bark.

CaptainWacky

I cried at the episodes where Fry entered his mother's dream to hug her OKAY.