I am a TV addict

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
...but WHY!?

The misnomer/misquote title annoys me before I even start. Then there's some chick playing Watson? Fuck that shit. I'll stick to Cumberbatch and Brett.

Not quite:

Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" in any of the stories by Conan Doyle. However, that phrase has been used frequently in the movies and was even mistakenly cited in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations for 1937 and 1948. The actual quotation is as follows:

"I have the advantage of knowing your habits, my dear Watson," said he. "When your round is a short one you walk, and when it is a long one you use a hansom. As I perceive that your boots, although used, are by no means dirty, I cannot doubt that you are at present busy enough to justify the hansom."
"Excellent!" I cried.
"Elementary," said he. "
Source

However, I can understand your reluctance to accept a female Watson... if this was 1956.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yet, that word... that single word he says wouldn't be known without the misquote, would it? Secondly, it was a snipe at Lucy Liu, not so much a female playing Watson.

However, to be a bit pedantic, Watson NEEDS to be played by a man, because he's a combat vet. In today's army (army, not marines) women aren't allowed to hold combat roles. Let alone combat roles as officers. For the record, I didn't make these rules, some fatass pentagon official did.

Also, the really intense relationship Holmes and Watson have is just going to get skewed by fans wanting them to hook up or that vague reference to the possibility that they fucked. Holmes and Watson are friends, not fuck buddies. "But what about the gay undertones in Sherlock" you ask? Well, they can make them undertones and make fun of them all they want. With a female Watson, you're gonna have OVERtones that they're fucking.

Detracts from the characters and the plot.

I could pick that entire show apart and I have yet to see a single episode.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Yeah, the shippers will want to see some sort of romance blossom, even if only in season six, should the show last that long. Then, there will be the season cliff hanger where they almost kiss, or kiss and it's all for show and leaves everyone hanging until season seven when you find out that they only kissed to through Moriarty's henchmen off, or some such nonsense. Another predictable production.