jack, you are OLD & a comic book geek...do you remember this classic run??

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
you need to quit spamming speak freely.

jack

I'm pretty sure Day doesn't care about anything important.

Falconarg

Rebel
Give me
reputation_greenh.gif

First one I'm scanning up is Strange Tales #159 origin of Nick Fury with STERANKO...I'm curious how this will turn out :D

So why would you bother scanning Strange Tales #159 when you can get the HQ Masterworks scan from the link I posted above? Just wondering. :)

jack

I figured it out. Downloaded the cbr reader and a rar unpacker and got a nice 5 issue run of xmen. Now, when I play the reader it will let me save the page as a jpg :D. So I can upload those to the site, no?

jack

I want to populate the comics forum with a bunch of cool issues. What do you thimk?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Anything by Neal Adams is pure gold. He made comics look more grown up.

I was taking in Steranko's run on Nick Fury, Agent of Shield a few days back. As good as the scans are, I wish I hadn't sold the few copies of that run I had.

jack

I kept those. I want to find scans of the standalone series though. Those were my faves and I sold them at some pont back there.

I figured it out. Downloaded the cbr reader and a rar unpacker and got a nice 5 issue run of xmen. Now, when I play the reader it will let me save the page as a jpg :D. So I can upload those to the site, no?

I use this...

http://www.gonvisor.com/

...just my preference, it's simple to use. :)

Did I mention i just finished downloading my run of "Strange Tales"???...I now have HQ scans of #110-168. :) GOD I luv progress!!;)

these OLD runs KICK ASS over this new PUNK ASS FODDER IMFO!!!!!!

DC...THE NEW 52???...yeah, the most UNimpressive REVAMP crap SHIT EVER!!! And who the fuck has the cash to shell out for the cover $3+ & OVER price?? COMIC BOOKS ARE DEAD!!! I am just sayin'....is all. ;) Despite impressive art (on some titles)...what does today's comic books have to offer? There is NO innovation, just rehashed shit! GIVE ME AN OLD KIRBY COMIC ANY DAY & I AM ERECT FOR HOURS!!! ;) LOL :)

Anything by Neal Adams is pure gold. He made comics look more grown up.

I was taking in Steranko's run on Nick Fury, Agent of Shield a few days back. As good as the scans are, I wish I hadn't sold the few copies of that run I had.

if you weep like a little school girl we will not judge you...let it ALL out!:(

jack

Henoch.

jack

Use my website for this. I can set it up EASY and I have good tools

jack

Ima put up those Xmen today and see what they look like. This vier lets me size the page any way I like and then save it.

I'll try an issue as one post, and then the next as individual posts.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Jack, here's question. If somebody were to flout and get, say 5-10 affordable books from the Bronze age and later, for a budget of no more than 100 bucks a pop, and those books had to define the Bronze age, what would your choices be?

jack

Star Wars #1 (35 cent Variant)
Hulk 181 (1st Wolverine)
Giant Size X-Men #1
Iron Fist 14 (ist Sabretooth)
X-men 94
House of Secrets 92 (1st Swamp Thing)
Uncle Scrooge #192
All Star Western #10 (1st Jonah Hex)
Amazing Spider-Man #121-122 (Death of Gwen Stacy)
Green Lantern #76 (1st Oneill/Adams)

I dont know about 100 bucks a pop, although you can probably get lower grade copies for around that.

Honorable Mentions: Conan #1 and 3 and Spiderman 129 (1st Punisher)

These books really define Bronze age imo.

jack

LOL its uncle scrooge 179. I was looking at another issue at the same time. Not many of these are thought to exist, and it's the one book I let go because the guy threw way too much money at me for it.