jack, you are OLD & a comic book geek...do you remember this classic run??

So what's up jack, you still confOOsed? It's as easy as picking the bOOgers out of your nose dude! Or the ASS hairs out of your teeth...:sarek: !!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Ok I got utorrent loaded and configured...Ima give it a Father's Day Whirl. How do you get the torrent thing to speed up the download? I can handle 300kb/sec...Im getting like 2.3 kb/sec

jack

Looks like a 2 and a half day downlaod LOL. Can I keep the connection that long? Does utorrent time out or will it stay connected till the dl is done?

The torrent may not have a lot of seeders & that results in a slower download. You don't have to download the entire large file jack, you can check only the comics you want and leave the others unchecked. If you lose the connection you can start it up again and everything will continue downloading from where it left off. The file is like 5 or 6GB, so like I said, just download the comics you want...you can still uncheck the ones you don't want while utorrent is in the process of downloading your torrent...or you can just stop the torrent, delete any unwanted files that have partially downloaded to your computer, keep the ones you want & then reload the torrent file into utorrent again & only check the boxes next to the comics you want. I hope that all made sense? :)

jack

Its sped up to 350k/ sec...will be done in about three hours (1.2 way thru)

Im pretty fucking excited.

jack

So Henoch, this worked pretty well. I'm moving the files I like (those yummy hulks thors spidermans and wolverine etc etc into the cbr bin. This is a beautiful thing.

It really IS a beautiful thing jack. Here is a screenshot pic of the comic books on my computer. These are the ones I have collected from here...http://colecionadores-go.blogspot.com/

Plenty of Silver & Bronze age sweetness!! I believe most of the scans on this site were taken from the marvel.com digital comics website. All are HQ glossy scans. I just finished getting the "Tomb of Dracula" run & Kirby's later series runs of "Black Panther", "Eternals" & "Devil Dinosaur".

scaled.php

jack

Thats pretty cool, Henoch.

jack

So now I have bits and pieces of some of the runs, and I have my terabyte drive all formatted properly with folders for each issue. Ima follow your lead in trying to get these runs complete :D

Nice work, Henoch.

jack

I get good speed with utorrent; about 375kb/sec

I get good speed with utorrent; about 375kb/sec

Yeah, I love Utorrent...speeds vary though (like any other bittorrent client), mostly depends on the amount of seeders on a torrent...if the number is too low you will get slow speeds.

You are never too old to relive the early marvel experience IMO! :)

Here is a recent link to demonoid for a Silver Surfer 1968 collected tpb run, scanned by bchry, who is a good independent scanner...
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2949437/003306766498/

jack

:bigass: I just reformatted my half a terabyte drive, because I'm running out of room on my PUNY 80 GIG HULK SMASH

:bigass: I just reformatted my half a terabyte drive, because I'm running out of room on my PUNY 80 GIG HULK SMASH

I have the same problem, only have 25% capacity left on my hard drive.:( I will have to start saving my files to disc to free up space shortly. I plan on keeping ASM & FF on my hard drive as this is essential reading at any given moment...IMO. :juggle:

jack

Just got ASM 128-131! :D

jack

Downloaded a bunch of hulks, spidermans and rawhide kids this morning...going to have some fun with this orange cush tonight. This is a great format.

Have the new drive all formatted nicely...so far Ive compiled about 30 gig of books, but I still have a gig or so to unpak and compile.

FUN!

jack

Thanks for all your help on this btw Henoch.

Thanks for all your help on this btw Henoch.

You are most welcome jack...see, I am a giver, practically the Pope at times. ;)

I finally transferred all of the comics on my hard drive to several DVD+R's. I am like a total fucking whore for that site...always at the main page to see what new shit is available. This site get's all of the digital downloads currently available at marvel.com. I remember you mentioning "The Rawhide Kid"...I literally forgot all about that comic book, it has been so long. Some great Kirby work there...the man was a genius! :)