Just when I'm wanting to be in a relationship

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Doctor Dave Is A Responsible Young Man.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
It took me about eight years to realize my wife was unrelentingly batshit crazy, and another year to detangle our relationship. Then I got into another relationship, bent over backwards to make that one work in a subconscious effort to prove I hadn't fucked up the first one, then after three years and a near trip to the altar realized she ALSO was batshit crazy.

I took a break for a while, but didn't give up, and last Sunday I met a wonderful woman who is exactly the type I was looking for all along.

Tuesday I discovered she was batshit.

So, Tisi, the moral of this story is that while you may never find any suitable mate but the exact same kind of fuckup you've been choosing your whole life, your turnaround time WILL improve drastically with age...

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
We could always listen to Spike's views on Love from Lover's Walk

[youtube]JyuleKKSgyE[/youtube]

Or, we could just watch the less reliable version of that

[youtube]jLN8JUta-m8[/youtube]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I realized a long time ago that I am a relationship saboteur, I kill them before they can become something warm and fuzzy and BEAUTIFUL. I decided it was a kindness not to put myself or some poor helpless man though all that bullshit.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I am still sorting out the "what happened" in my case, 13 years of relationship, 1.5 years of "what the hell" break-up. I am out of the "one month per year of relationship" marker, and still screwed up.

I find that I am exploring the "possibilities", but for the most part think it will end up being about another 1/2 year at least (sell the house, finish the legal stuff) before I have enough of my "own life" to really get serious.

Until then, I am a charming, dangerous, toxic male who has some pieces of "nice guy" and "broken" vibes under it, and doesn't really want a "deep" relationship with anyone new (i.e. I'm batshit crazy) but am so used to speaking that way I can't help but want emotional connection. Women find me irresistible as a result. God help them.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll will never have any kind of romantic relationship with another human being for as long as I live, ever.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I am only going to maintain 'friends-with-benefits' relationships with certain people. A partner to live with and grow old with? I'm already halfway old! Phooey!

Yub

Anachrophobic
I am still sorting out the "what happened" in my case, 13 years of relationship, 1.5 years of "what the hell" break-up. I am out of the "one month per year of relationship" marker, and still screwed up.

I find that I am exploring the "possibilities", but for the most part think it will end up being about another 1/2 year at least (sell the house, finish the legal stuff) before I have enough of my "own life" to really get serious.

Until then, I am a charming, dangerous, toxic male who has some pieces of "nice guy" and "broken" vibes under it, and doesn't really want a "deep" relationship with anyone new (i.e. I'm batshit crazy) but am so used to speaking that way I can't help but want emotional connection. Women find me irresistible as a result. God help them.

Call me cynical and misogynist, but I believe that in this case, they want to scoop you up and mould the broken pieces in what they see as the perfect man. A more optimistic and cheerful sort might say they want to mother and nurse you.

Then they get all pissed off when their plans don't bear fruit, like there were supposed to...

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I have no desire to want to change any potential mate. I'm not that sort of girl.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
What is y'alls definition of a "crazy batshit woman"?

Mirah

I love you
Call me cynical and misogynist, but I believe that in this case, they want to scoop you up and mould the broken pieces in what they see as the perfect man. A more optimistic and cheerful sort might say they want to mother and nurse you.

Then they get all pissed off when their plans don't bear fruit, like there were supposed to...

Ew the mother type is creepy. I'm like Tis, I don't want to change anyone. I have to like you for who you are now.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I have no desire to want to change any potential mate. I'm not that sort of girl.

Ew the mother type is creepy. I'm like Tis, I don't want to change anyone. I have to like you for who you are now.

Cool. I don't want to change for anyone. I don't want to pretend I'm someone that I'm not. I do that enough with my mom who thinks I'm such an innocent little goody two shoes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Loktar, someday you're going to crack, you're going to whip you dick out and wave it in her face.