Just when I'm wanting to be in a relationship

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH I thought of one!

MYTH: Ugly dumb men can always find a supermodel willing to marry them, put up with their ridiculous shenanigans, and then put them to bed with a nice blowjob.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I THINK THE NEw NATALIE PORTMAN/ASHTON KUTCHER MOVIE "NO STRINGS ATTACHED" COULD TEACH US ALL SOMETHING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THAT THERE SHOULD NEVER BE STRINGS ATTACHED TO US EVER.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Umm, let's see, media-induced guy myths: these are much less complex than girl myths because, let's face it, guys are pretty simple. We don't like a lot of plot to our myths.

1. Myth 1:Women are sex-crazed adrenalin junkies who will invariably choose bikinis as zombie killing attire. This is the Lara Croft myth.

2. Myth 2: Women only have two personalities...gun-toting badass whore and mom. Occasionally both at the same time. the Sarah Connor myth.

3. Myth 3: the smoking hot girl down the hall was just waiting for the chance to dump her Ferrari driving wall street boyfriend as soon as the quiet but noble geek finally had the nerve to speak up. The Mary Jane Watson myth.

4. Myth 4: all women, no matter how bad-ass bikini-clad and gun-toting they are, will eventually need to be rescued by the scrawny nerd. (Side myth: all nerds have it in them to pull off a rescue when they really need to) This is the Princess Zelda myth.

See, basically guy myths are what we presume women are really like, best guess, because frankly we're fucking mystified most of the time.

Yub

Anachrophobic
That's it Loktar, love the lie. False hope is better than no hope.

NO IT ISN'T YOU TWAT. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH TIN FOILS HATS TIN FOILS HATS WEEEEE

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Those weren't guy myths, they were just more girl myths.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Exactly.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
No, the first set was media myths concerning relationships aimed at the female perspective. The second set was media myths aimed at the male perspective about women. I didn't write any male-oriented myths about relationships because men don't care about relationships , they care about sex. The relationship is just the way they get more of it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm beginning to understand why you have relationship difficulties.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I'm beginning to understand why you have relationship difficulties.
Who said I had relationship difficulties?

You'll want to note careful use of the word "myths". Also a complete lack of "Hey, here's how I think women ought to be treated."

One of the things that's funny about throwing out broad generalizations is seeing who understands the joke and who gets all indignant. Might wanna check your own psyche if the stuff I said pissed you off.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You didn't piss me off, and you've indicated a few times that you have relationship difficulties. I was just making an observation, don't get your undies in a twist.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Funny, that's kinda what I was saying to you. I gotta remember to start putting that satire disclaimer on all my posts, especially when I do edgier material...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was just called a feminist shit on another site in a discussion about rape. Maybe I am a feminist shit!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Oooh...which one? LoL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Flat Earth Society. We were talking about the Egyptian revolution, and the discussion got sidetracked when Lara Logan was reported raped. The same person thinks I shouldn't have an opinion about rape in Egypt because I live in the West.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Rape is ok if it's part of your culture, GOSH.