Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laker_Girl is in the hospital!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
For awhile now, Laker_Girl has been experiencing pain in her upper rib cage, off and on. She attributed it to her angioedema, and was able to just take a couple of ibuprofen and sleep throught the pain.

Yesterday, however, it was so bad she had to spend the day in bed, and just could not get comfortable. She called me around 7:00 last night telling me she was on the way to the E/R. She sounded awful.

Her mom called me a couple of angst-ridden hours later to let me know that it was nothing serious, but it was, you guessed it, gall stones. Eesh.

When I talked to her this morning, she seemed a lot better. Turns out her gall bladder was infected, along with having gall stones. A healthy dose of antibiotics later, and she's feeling better. BUT...the gall bladder definitely has to be removed. I just got off the phone with her at 10:30 EDT (7:30 her time) 'cause she wanted to get some sleep. The surgeon wasn't by yet, so she doesn't know if the laproscopy will happen tomorrow or Sunday. I'm hoping tomorrow, 'cause she can't eat or drink until after the surgery.

Anyway, she told me it was ok to let everyone know, 'cause the fuckers that will post nasty shit, well...that says more about them than her.

I have to be up by 6 tomorrow to get ready for work, I'm sure I'll have a voice mail with more info. I'll pass it along when I can.

In the meantime, keep LG in your thoughts and prayers this weekend! :)

That sucks. But tell L_G not to stress. I've had my gall bladder taken out, and the operation was under an hour. She'll be put on a low fat diet for awhile, until her body gets used to a different way of digesting, but that'll work itself out. After awhile, though you're not supposed to, she'll be able to eat normally again.

And once the whole ordeal is over, she'll feel better than before the operation. But do tell her my prayers and best wishes are with her.

Thanks, BDM.

yeah, I've had that whole bit before. Gall bladder gets infected, they remove it via 3-4 little holes, one for a camera and the others for the doctor to work in. Her scar's will be barely visable.

The only problem is the diet she'll be put on before and after surgery. It sucks, A LOT.

I wish her good luck

I know a few people who have had that. She will be back on her feet in a couple of weeks. Tell her not to move around too much for the first week if she has the gall bladder removed so the abscess fills in. Wish her my best.

Despite the shit I give her, this is different. I hope that she starts feeling better, and returns to us soon.

I always thought she had a lot of gall! (ar ar ar)

Seriously, I hope all goes well and that she's back to her old self soon. Tell her we're thinking of her. :)

I can wish her the best of luck in the surgery even if I don't miss her here, right? Well, I think I can anyway, because I never wish bad things on people. Even people that my life is simpler without. Here's to a full recovery. I'm sure she'll be back to annoying me in no time.

Gallstones are no fun at all. I still have my gall bladder and have had no trouble with it but both my parents had to have theirs removed and I've had friends who have had to have theirs removed.

My dad equated the pain to having a heart attack.

I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery.

Thankfully it's not anything more serious!
Please tell L_G her favourite Canuck wishes her a speedy recovery!
I have a friend who went through that and she told me it was NOT a fun time.
All the best, L.