Martin Luther King: Sacred Cow

Wisdom

The Question said:
It's not a non sequitur, and elaboration has already been provided in preceding posts. Your ignorance != my problem, dickweed.
So what you're saying is that you can't elaborate, and were just attempting to change the subject with a non sequitor, in order to distract from your utter pwnage.

The Question

Eternal
Wisdom said:
So what you're saying is that you can't elaborate, and were just attempting to change the subject with a non sequitor, in order to distract from your utter pwnage.

No, what I'm saying is that you're asking a question that's already been answered, and furthermore pointing out that your familiarity with the concept of a non sequitur apparently doesn't even extend as far as knowing how to spell the term, so --

TQSTFU_small.jpg

Wisdom

The Question said:
No, what I'm saying is that you're asking a question that's already been answered, and furthermore pointing out that your familiarity with the concept of a non sequitur apparently doesn't even extend as far as knowing how to spell the term, so --

TQSTFU_small.jpg
You directly responded to my statement with a non sequitor, and then refuse to elaborate, becuase you can't. And now you're falling back on the pathetic spellchecking troll. And you're what passes for an intellectual in this dive?

:::laughing:::

The Question

Eternal
Wisdom said:
You directly responded to my statement with a non sequitor, and then refuse to elaborate, becuase you can't.

Okay, you're obviously an unalloyed retard.

Give me your definition of a "non sequitor" and then demonstrate where I committed one. Then I'll quote for you every single post I've already made in this thread where I explicitly made the distinction between ethnic physiognomy and culture as it relates to ethnic groups.

And now you're falling back on the pathetic spellchecking troll.

Wrong again. A spellcheck troll ends at correcting the target's spelling. I illustrated your lack of familiarity with the concept you're throwing around, using your inability to spell the term correctly as an indicator.

And you're what passes for an intellectual in this dive?

:::laughing:::

:::busted:::

Wisdom

We were discussing why you assumed wrongly that my comment about plantation slavery had anything to do with the race of the slaveowners. You attempted to wrench the discussion to culture, no doubt to obscure your pwning. This was a non sequitor. It's simple enough to unnerstand.

Cranky Bastard

Not even the Great Mentalist can be this stupid, so I'm going to assume Menty is pulling a troll in a serious discussion. That's cool. As topic-starter I'll play along.

Mentalist said:
What point? That MLK wasn't perfect? So? What's your point again?

Obviously, just beyond your grasp.

That the hype about MLK and the holiday is misplaced. The entire structure is built upon lies.

Au contraire. In your original post you cite other discussions as your motivation to start this thread. And at its core it's an ad hominem attack on a man that personifed the equality struggle, and by trying to undermine his character it is patently clear that you're trying to undermine the race issue in turn.

Yes, it is a straw man because I know you're not this stupid. I started the thread for its own on its own as I am wont to do from time to time.

My thread has nothing to do with race except to mention that revealing the facts of history are considered "racist."

Unless the timing of this post is purely coincidental I think it's safe to say that it is indicative of your contempt for the previous discussion pertaining to racism which you have done nothing but skirt around.

I have never skirted around the race issue, in this or any other thread.

Mentalist said:
And all I want to know is why people should not be granted the right to be judged on their individual merits as opposed to the singular criteria of the colour of their skin.

Fine. I'll play along with your troll. As I have stated elsewhere, skin color should never EVER play a role in favor of personal merit. There. I repeated it for you for your straw man. Now troll away.

As for Cranky's accusation that I set up a straw man by mentioning the racist angle again. Here's a fucking clue:

This whole topic is a straw man argument to refute the previous discussion and by accusing me of such it is nothing short of a double negative.

Unless that's part of the troll, I can only assume then that you are not only incredibly dumb, but:

That was poorly played, Menty. Are you having an off day or were you being serious?

The Question

Eternal
Wisdom said:
We were discussing why you assumed wrongly that my comment about plantation slavery had anything to do with the race of the slaveowners.

No, we transitioned from race to geography on that one. Unsurprisingly, it turns out that you didn't keep up.

You attempted to wrench the discussion to culture, no doubt to obscure your pwning.

No, I had previously clarified that my dislike of individuals in ethnic groups other than my own is actually a dislike of of stereotypes coalesced from negative aspects of those groups' cultures. You continued, however, to insist that my dislike is based on differing ethnic physiognomy.

This was a non sequitor. It's simple enough to unnerstand.

Nope. No "non sequitor", and no non sequitur, either, just your pure stupidity.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Cranky Bastard said:
That the hype about MLK and the holiday is misplaced. The entire structure is built upon lies.

I have no pre-conceptions about MLK and I am not arguing that the points you outlined in your OP are not accurate. What I am taking to task here is a saturation of posts riddled with bigotry and racism wrapped up in a supposed pseudo-intellectual bow.

My thread has nothing to do with race except to mention that revealing the facts of history are considered "racist."

Not so. I think it has been made clear over and over again that I have no love lost for the Jewish based twisting of reality and the advantages they create for themselves through such warping of history. But I am not racist towards Jewish people in the slightest. I don't call them "kikes" and "Yids" because I have enough of a clue to know that such derogatory terms are misplaced and stupid. And hell, beyond the political correctness of any subject it is counter-intuitive to label an entire race with slurs since it at its very least denotes nothing but a losing position that has had to resort to such blatant low-brow behaviour to create a reaction.

I stand firm against any move to make some point or event of history a taboo subject because it might be a sensitive issue, and I have no problem with the discussion of Martin Luther King's faults, or anyone elses for that matter. But when you claim to be "revealing certain facts of history that are considered racist," when only hours before you were throwing racial slurs left and right; your purely educational position crumbles and it is only logical in such a circumstance to make a link between your contempt for those of colour in a previous thread and your motivations for revealing the truth about MLK in such an incendinary way.

Fine. I'll play along with your troll. As I have stated elsewhere, skin color should never EVER play a role in favor of personal merit. There. I repeated it for you for your straw man. Now troll away.

So you do agree with me. Well, that's good then.

So you are not singling out an entire race here? You are instead carefully selecting certain subcultures for your disdain and criticism and in reality have no problems with a black person marrying, say, your daughter as long as they are not part of the subculture that you disapprove of but that his heritage has nothing to do with it?

Unless that's part of the troll, I can only assume then that you are not only incredibly dumb, but:

I'm incredibly dumb?

Damn.. :|

That was poorly played, Menty. Are you having an off day or were you being serious?

Δεν μπορείτε να σοβαροί είστε

Tyrant

Cranky Bastard Can't corner them on anything to get them to answer...
I meant that one tenth of the energy expended in this thread could been put to... different use.

Cranky Bastard

Mentalist said:
I have no pre-conceptions about MLK and I am not arguing that the points you outlined in your OP are not accurate. What I am taking to task here is a saturation of posts riddled with bigotry and racism wrapped up in a supposed pseudo-intellectual bow.

Ok.

But when you claim to be "revealing certain facts of history that are considered racist," when only hours before you were throwing racial slurs left and right; your purely educational position crumbles and it is only logical in such a circumstance to make a link between your contempt for those of colour in a previous thread and your motivations for revealing the truth about MLK in such an incendinary way.

You misread me. I made an MLK thread because I decided to see for myself if the assertions by Atlas held any merit. What I found was astounding as yesterday I was ignorant of all these facts. I decided to share them with the board. There is no further ulterior motive that involves casting diversionary attacks on the "race issue."

So you do agree with me. Well, that's good then.

Under strict Webster definitions of racism, I might be considered a racist. I grew up in a time when "cupcakeer" was not an unacceptable word. However, I fully believe in the ability in every man, woman and child to do their best and be rewarded for it. I also refuse to allow that skin color makes someone "subhuman" or deserving of less equal treatment.

So, yes. We agree. I think we both already covered that ground some weeks ago.

So you are not singling out an entire race here?

Shit, no.

You are instead carefully selecting certain subcultures for your disdain and criticism and in reality have no problems with a black person marrying, say, your daughter as long as they are not part of the subculture that you disapprove of but that his heritage has nothing to do with it?

Precisely.

I'm incredibly dumb?

Damn.. :|

You just demonstrated you aren't. Once you got past your preconceptions. :p

I rail against political correctness. Often, PC butts up against race and as such race is a vile tool in its hands.

Cranky Bastard

Messenger said:
I meant that one tenth of the energy expended in this thread could been put to... different use.

Like chasing Wisdom and Chuck?