Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was really good! I had some misgivings after not liking Dollhouse very much, but I'm thinking I will really like this show a lot. The actors are all really good, and they seem to fit together. I like that they can use the stuff from the movies to make the tv show look really expensive LIKE A MOVIE. Yeah, it's good.

I watched it while working so I didn't give my full attention to it while it was on. BUT I LIKED WHAT I SAW. And I'll watch anything with Clark Gregg (Coulson) in it. He's one of those journeyman character actors who pop up in everything, I'm glad he's getting more starring roles now.

YES HE WAS ON THE WEST WING -- HE PLAYED AN FBI AGENT SO HE KNOWS ABOUT BEING AN AGENT OF THINGS.

I mean obviously this was a competent pilot, but I have no idea what the show is supposed to be about, or what its Big Idea is.

Maria Hill has a secret.
We have not one, not two, but three quirky supergeniuses.
Tahmoh Penikett apparently wasn't available to play the role of Boring Agent Man.
S.H.I.E.L.D. spent a lot of public money buying blue saran wrap to wrap around their lights.
I guess there's a shadowy big bad that I don't really care about yet?

I may be talking about the original Dollhouse pilot that was the first five episodes condensed into one. Who knows.

I was kinda underwhelmed by it. I mean, of course I'm going to watch it, but I wasn't blown away like I was expecting to be. THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR SETTING THE BAR TOO HIGH

Tahiti is a false memory implanted into the Coulson clone so he dosnt realise he is a clone.

Of course he is smart enough to have figured that out, so is probably only pretending not to realise.

Good start, although I was distracted all the way through by how much quirky girl looked like Amy Acker, I mean, why not just hire Amy Acker?

Nice Ron Glass cameo though, I know most of you know him through firefly, I suspect Eggs and I will be the only ones remember Barney Miller.

It was good and showed a lot of potential, but it wasn't a slamdunk amazing first episode. Every pilot feels really rushed THESE DAYS as they have to introduce all the characters and the premise and tell a standalone story all in 40 minutes. Could have used a two hour pilot. But I think it'll get better. I mean, it could end up getting worse as well, I suppose. I don't know. I've only seen one episode. I liked it.

I liked the truth serum bit and yes I liked the flying car and I don't really get people complaining about the effects.

It is a bit odd that the computer hacker girl who lives in a van looks like THAT but I guess we don't really know anything about her backstory yet.

Nice Ron Glass cameo though, I know most of you know him through firefly, I suspect Eggs and I will be the only ones remember Barney Miller.
Well played sir! Barney Miller rocked my childhood -- I've been crowing all over the internet about seeing Ron Glass on the show to those just as 70s-geeky as me.

Tahiti is a false memory implanted into the Coulson clone so he dosnt realise he is a clone.

Of course he is smart enough to have figured that out, so is probably only pretending not to realise.

Good start, although I was distracted all the way through by how much quirky girl looked like Amy Acker, I mean, why not just hire Amy Acker?

Amy Acker's acting her ass off on Person of Interest. She gets to play a very dangerous and super intelligent villain and she's really good at it.