Red Dwarf X

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Starts Thursday at nine on Dave.

Will it be shit? Will it actually be good!? Will it be shit but there's a studio audience laughing at everything anyway so viewers will think "well, if they're laughing it MUST be funny!"? I'LL KEEP AN OPEN MIND.

Eat Shit And Die

First impressions a bitch.
I think it will suck was watching some of season 2 & 3 the other day and was laughing my ass off, can only imagine that it will not do it credit :rwmad:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I hope it'll be good, but I wonder if we might've just outgrown this type of comedy? The old episodes are still funny, but I'm not so sure we'd find them amusing if they were brand new. There are only so many jokes about farts and curry that you can have before it inevitably runs out of gas.

Then again, The Inbetweeners is a pretty similar format (dumb guy, unfashionable nerd, sex obsessed guy who's full of himself... almost cool guy... and the girl he fancies), and that's a hit.

But Red Dwarf just feels like something from another era.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Surely Craig Charles and Chris Barrie wouldn't let themselves be involved in anything of sub standard?

CaptainWacky

I've been watching the old episodes on Dave too and I certainly don't seem to have outgrown that type of comedy (and I think it's a bit smarter than you're giving it credit for) SO THAT EXCUSE WON'T WORK AND I'LL KILL SOMEONE IF IT'S LESS THAN 100% PERFECT.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I have set it to series link since I always forget when new shows are starting.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'm being hopeful and I think it'll just be at about Series VII level of mediocrity, rather than Back to Earth levels of utter shit.

Seph

Retired Account
I see sad evenings ahead comrades.

CaptainWacky

Why no Holly!

Seph

Retired Account
The man Holly was so much funnier.

CaptainWacky

I think I read he got all bitter and angry at not being asked back for Back To Earth (of all things.)

Seph

Retired Account
He's just bitter that he was only in the first few seasons of RD and one ep of the young ones.

Bitter seems insufficient.

CaptainWacky

Well remembered on the Young Ones appearance!

Seph

Retired Account
If you don't know tha young ones, ya just don't know.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So far, so average.

Could be worse, could be a lot better.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Oh well, at least there was no danger of waking anyone up in the house with my raucous laughter.

CaptainWacky

The first scene with Lister and Cat was so painfully bad that I was going to post and tweet "THIS IS SHIT" instantly, but it got better as it went on. Rimmer and Krysten got a few funny lines. Acting was decent, story was okay. The new sets make Red Dwarf look really small. Who, exactly, ordered that the ship be renamed at the end? Since, you know, it's three million years in the future and everyone else is dead? How was Lister betting on pig races? At least the "on hold" joke was explained a bit by saying it was a droid station.

Better than Back To Earth anyway.