Red Dwarf X

Seph

Retired Account
Worth watching then, just about.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I didn't think it was that bad actually. Not a classic or anything, but I was expecting worse. It didn't get off to a great start with the moose joke, but it was worth it for the scene where it came up in Rimmer's exam. That was laugh out loud funny for me. A few other bits here and there at least made me laugh, which is more than can be said for Back to Earth, so hopefully the rest of the episodes will continue to improve.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
The bit where Cat guessed it so quickly and Rimmer's reaction was the only time I laughed.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought "nope, we just hosed him down and stuck him in a hat" was the funniest line.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think Kryten benefits from not looking any older (and Robert Llewllllyin's hilarious facial expressions), so you can forget for a second that you're watching a new episode.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, but his mask looked cheaper.

Seph

Retired Account
I'm still resisting watching it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Much better this week, unless the 2nd half sucks, actual laugh out loud moments so far.

CaptainWacky

I laughed at "are Chinese whiskers racist?" and "how long you mad goth bastard?"

Didn't understand why the studio audience laughed at Lister nearly dying but what do I know!

Why does no one ever bring up the creepiness of Kochanski being Lister's mum...

whisky

Boobie inspector
I didn't even remember that he was his own dad, so remembering Kochanski was his mum had no chance.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Really? I thought the first ten minutes were dreadful and would've switched off right then if it was most other shows, but then it really picked up. I thought both story threads were very original and clever, which is difficult to do in scifi, never mind having to fit in some laughs.

CaptainWacky

I always hated the "Lister is his own dad" thing so I wasn't really into the scenes were Lister parenting himself, but it got funnier as it went on (with the videos.) What was with the bit where Rimmer was complaining about a whining sound in the ship near the start?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe it'll come up in later episodes? Or it could've just been set up for B Deck needing repairs. (Or bad writing... )

CaptainWacky

I THOUGHT TONIGHT'S WAS PRETTY GOOD. It was a bit random, but pleasant viewing.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seen it now, was ok, I liked the Judas Jesus thing, is that Judas twin thing a real religion?

CaptainWacky

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It made me unreasonably happy that Rimmer's suit went from blue to red when he switched from hard light to soft light.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well that was pretty crappy, and if the clips from next weeks are supposed to be the highlights, then god help us.

CaptainWacky

I liked the hologram thing too.

It was another okay episode but weirdly random. The coincidence stuff was like a less funny version of the Luck Virus. There were some funny parts though.

How can Kochanski only be 31?