Red Dwarf X

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It's probably because I had such low expectations but I thought that was pretty good on the whole.

Some moments fell very flat and forced, but I actually laughed more than once which is more than I can say for Back to Earth.

BUT WHY WAS HOWARD A HARD LIGHT HOLOGRAM THAT WAS A TECHNOLOGY THEY PICKED UP FROM LEGION SO HE SHOULD'VE BEEN A SOFT LIGHT HOLOGRAM ARHGHHGHHH.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well his ship was apparently flying around for three million years as well so they could have bumped into Legion (and pulled the trick from Revenge of the Surfboarding Killer Bikini Vampire Girls to escape.)

Seph

Retired Account
They need to bring back blackadder

I D/L and watched all 4 season over around two days, last week.

Well worth a re-watch.

Rowan Atkinson is great in every episode.

CaptainWacky

If they can somehow decuntify Ben Elton then sure, bring back Blackadder.

Seph

Retired Account
I dont think they can, or they will have done it years ago.

Cody

I D/L and watched all 4 season over around two days, last week.

Well worth a re-watch.

Rowan Atkinson is great in every episode.

LOL yeah i discovered it quite by accident on public tv late one night. I thought it was going t be scary, next thing i know i'm tearing up the house looking for roaches or a forgotten stash cause damn i need to be high to get this shit.

Seph

Retired Account
Yeah ma I been watching them since I was a kid, Always was a good reason to get stoned.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
They all looked so old it just felt pathetic. I guess that served to even further enhance Rimmer's pathetic nature, which is always funny, but we've seen so many episodes dwelling on that.

The set's were odd and felt s claustrophobic. Some of the canned laughter was near hysterical at some of the lamest puns. I do hope the second is a lot better.

CaptainWacky

It was actually filmed in front of an audience, but the laughter did feel a bit over the top. Like at one point there was a shot of Red Dwarf towing the other ship and the studio audience started laughing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be funny!

Seph

Retired Account
I still can't bring myself to watch them and all you guys are doing is reinforcing that.

I think I'm just going to leave it I haven't seen any of it past season 7.

CaptainWacky

It actually got pretty good in the second half!

Seph

Retired Account
Is it better than season 7?

CaptainWacky

I think it probably was, though I haven't watched much of series 7 for a long time and it probably had some good moments maybe...

Seph

Retired Account
Season seven was a big pile of dog poop.