Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Light-crazed Hemmer beaming up part of the planet's mantle because it was so bright was the highlight of episode 3.

The Question

Eternal
So is CBS ever going to do a full length season of one of these shows? 10 episodes is about half a real season.

Edit to add: I can't believe I'm asking that about a product of KurtzmanTrek, but SNW is actually good enough that I wouldn't mind if they produced real, full length seasons of it.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Just watched the first episode last night. Quite interesting. Paul Wesley seems to be able to catch glimpses of Kirk in his vocal inflections, which I find fun. It's kind of a seismic shift for me to accept these new actors as the original characters, but I have a feeling that will wear off as we progress into the series.

Much different than the Picard spinoffs, which I also have enjoyed. Looking forward to another episode tonight after the hearings.

CaptainWacky

Paul Wesley hasn't appeared in the show yet.

jack

I thought I was watching Kirk and Spock (and the crew) in the first episode last night?

LOL my bad, that's Pike. That's ok, I thought in full beard he was the actor that played Jamie Lannister in GOT.

I still have no idea what's going on.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I'm sure they said his name multiple times in the episode.

Last edited:

jack

Loved the second episode. The "new" Uhura is a cunning linguist!

CaptainWacky

Epsidoe 7 was great, possibly my favourite yet! Felt like a TOS PIRATE HIJINKS episode updated for the current day. Pike talking the pirates into a mutinty was such a Kirk move. The woman wearing BLACK turning out to be the secret villain was very obvious but great fun. Fun is good!

AND THE ENDING

SPOILERS

FUCKING SYBOK AND HIS BEARD YES

whisky

Boobie inspector
Can't seem to get the episode all the files seem like dodgy exe files

whisky

Boobie inspector
Good episode, the enterprise doesn't seem like a ship with a crew of 400 though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So a message to Starfleet will take two days, but a message to Vulcan is live?

I mean Vulcan is in Starfleet right?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was okay. Needed more pirates!

The Question

Eternal
And less Wise Female Character Telling The Viewers (Via Spock As Proxy) How Much Better Sloppy Emotional Thinking Is Than Clarity, Accuracy, And Rationality.

"Being whiny and ditzy is better!"

Back to the kitchen with you, wench.

jack

I'm up to episode 5. cant wait to catch up. This is a great series.