Star Wars: Andor

whisky

Boobie inspector
Imagine a star wars were noone fights anyone else, a star wars about office politics, job interviews, and unhappy marriages.

Now you don't have to, it's episode 4 of Andor.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Are you saying that's a bad thing? I really enjoyed seeing the inner workings of the Empire and Mon Mothma's loveless marriage. I really hope they show the dinner with SLY MOORE attending next week.

I like how Karn could go either way at this point. I mean it seems more likely he'll end up helping the Imperial girl, but I could also see him ending up joining the Rebellion.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Imagine a star wars were noone fights anyone else, a star wars about office politics, job interviews, and unhappy marriages.

Now you don't have to, it's episode 4 of Andor.
All building up to the exciting Ocean 11 Star Wars style payroll heist. I predict it won't go as smoothly as planned.

CaptainWacky

I do wish they'd just release it in three episode "blocks" every week, but this way must make Disney more money.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WATCHED IT FINALLY.

I hope we see more of the nerdy security guy and his mother. She's probably giving him a bath and making him some oatmeal. AND THEN SPANKING HIM.

CaptainWacky

She made him cereal with BLUE MILK.

Again the cinematography was beautiful and it was well written and well acted, but it wasn't a standalone episode of tv, it was the middle of a really long episode.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Finally some character development! This was the episode I like best so far.

I don't know who the rich couple who look like they are in Westworld are. lol

CaptainWacky

^Mon Mothma (the wife) is an Imperial Senator who is funding the Rebellion and is understandably fearing for her life. She first appeared in Return of the Jedi and was also in Rogue One WHCIH I STOLD YOU TO WATCH GRRR?

It was definitely the best episode for Cassian's character, I thought. He's been on the run and just reacting to things so far, but here he has to slow down and by confronted by new ideas. I hope they don't kill philosopher kid next week because he rules. It's great how they've made me care about the rebel mooks. Remember in Obi-Wan when some random pilot died and everyone started going "OH NO, JIMMY-JOE DIED" but we had no fucking idea who Jimmy-Jo* was? That was bad.

Also it's great how scary TIE fighters are for the first time since the original trilogy.

*not his actual name as far as I can recall

CaptainWacky

It's classic Star Wars to use real world props!

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I liked both of the last two episodes (I watched them today). The latest episode was good all around. The character development with Andor and the rebels was well done.

I also wish they'd release them in episode blocks, but they don't tend to do that.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
^Mon Mothma (the wife) is an Imperial Senator who is funding the Rebellion and is understandably fearing for her life. She first appeared in Return of the Jedi and was also in Rogue One WHCIH I STOLD YOU TO WATCH GRRR?

It was definitely the best episode for Cassian's character, I thought. He's been on the run and just reacting to things so far, but here he has to slow down and by confronted by new ideas. I hope they don't kill philosopher kid next week because he rules. It's great how they've made me care about the rebel mooks. Remember in Obi-Wan when some random pilot died and everyone started going "OH NO, JIMMY-JOE DIED" but we had no fucking idea who Jimmy-Jo* was? That was bad.

Also it's great how scary TIE fighters are for the first time since the original trilogy.

*not his actual name as far as I can recall
Mon Mothma was in one of the animated shows. I forget which one (Rebels I think).

SAUSAGEMAN

Man this is actually good. There's subtext! The characters are making interesting decisions where the answer isn't obvious! I care for and empathise with the positions they're in. It's not "good for Star Wars", it's good TV.

CaptainWacky

MENTALIST should be watching it IMHO.