Star Wars: Andor

MODMAN

Finally caught up.

This is the world building and type of story I never would've expected from Disney's Star Wars, but now having got a taste for it - bugger the laser sword stuff and more of this, please. A mature sensibility, intelligent writing, characters with depth, interesting relationships and dynamics.

No, they all love Obi-Wan and get defensive if anyone points out how dumb a lot of it was.

It's been a long time coming, but I think the shill brigade and groupthink has finally won the battle over there. Granted, there's always been the heavier hand of the mods, but there was still room for lively disagreement and a more balanced range of viewpoints.

I mean, the Rings of Power thread, FFS.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked how the shape of the prison cells where very similar to the shape of the home that guy shares with his mum.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They're cousins!

I've been wondering where they're going with Karn all season. Turns out the answer is: his mum searches his room and finds a cum tribute to Dedra?

I get the feeling Dedra's aide is going to be coming for her job soon.

What they've done with the Imperials in this show is the best world-building Star Wars has done for years.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I knew the old guy wouldn't make it :rwmad:

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Robert Redford Nod GIF

CaptainWacky

Her face when he was talking about "justice and beauty" in the galaxy was perfect.

MODMAN

Still haven't seen episode 9; waiting for partner to catch up so we can watch the rest of the season together (she's up to E7)- a testament to how much we've both loved the show. Ah well, two episodes this week!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Highlights of the episode, terrified imperials hiding behind a locked door, and Kino having helped everyone to escape realising there was no way out for him.

I am surprised they wouldnt just execute any prisoners who were due to leave rather than send them back into another level, but without that the story dosnt happen

CaptainWacky

I think they were supposed to be send to other prisons, not other levels, they just made a mistake that gave the game away. So there would be whole prisons full of "recycled" prisoners who know they have no chance of getting out.

I also think Kino knew all along that he wans't going to escape ("one way out" he knew they'd have to swim) he was just happy to get everyone else out.

Amazing acting from Andy Serkis and Stellan Skarsgard, get them awards!

I liked how the underground was full of aliens; they've been subtly showing the racism of the Empire all season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, that was the mistake. They meant to send the prisoner to a different prison, but mistakenly sent him to a different level. That's why they killed the whole level to try to cover it up.

This was a very exciting episode!

whisky

Boobie inspector
But even if they sent him to a different prison he would still have told the other prisoners that he was meant to have been released so the same thing would have happened