Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 5

Seph

Retired Account
On S3Ep01 now, I liked the end of season two revolving around Jango and Boba's history, two of my fav characters.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked when Ahsoka fought Slave 1.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Arggg this arc. This fucking arc.

Firstly it was kind of annoying how last episode the planet was this STRANGE CREEPY WASTELAND FROM WHICH NO ONE CAN ESCAPE and now it's just "generic planet".

But I loves me some Clone Commandos so the second half of the episode was much better. They even made the inside of his helmet look like it did in the game! How about that!

At least the arc is over now. It is over, right?

CaptainWacky

MORE GOOD THINGS NEXT WEEK PLEASE.

CaptainWacky

SO this week's was okay...better than the last two, but REALLY four episodes on this arc was ridiculous.

Good explosion though.

CaptainWacky

...had nothing to do with these episodes.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Awwww yisss finally back on to the good stuff.

Maul! Mandolorians! Katee Sackhoff! Black Sun! Mustafar! Embo! Hutts!

ALL VERY GOOD. WHY DID IT TAKE THIS LONG TO GET TO IT?

CaptainWacky

If the droids get four episodes this arc should be like twelve.

Seph

Retired Account
When is the latest season fully out, I'm not going to watch it till the whole thing is out...

CaptainWacky

Well today's episode was episodes 14 so...eight more?

CaptainWacky

That was a really good fight scene. Pre Vizsla was much better with the Mandalorian tech than Jango or Boba Fett.

This was another STRONG EPISODE that felt a bit rushed. I mean it's amazing that they'll spend a whole episode on droids walking around a desert then cram so many twists into 22 minutes.

LOOKING FORWARD to Katee Sackhoff teaming up with Obi-Wan!

CaptainWacky

I think she has a four episode arc coming up.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
^ I think we burned-out Ahsoka's Arc with that rebellion on Onderon - whose name is surprisingly similar to Alderaan, yes?

Anyway, I agree. This episode was a bit too jam-packed. The Deathwatch "saving the day" was all too staged and hurried. Maul using several syndicates to occupy one location was also dumb. Why not spend an entire episode setting up the terror of each individual syndicate taking over their individual territories and starting a "gang war" in the streets. The whole bad guys here today, good guys here tomorrow thing bothered me.

Can I just say that I'm a HUGE fan of the Darksaber? I'm kinda surprised we didn't see one in Grievous' lair, with his collection of other Jedi weapons of old. Now that Maul's got possession of it, I think his "look" will be complete.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Because... seriously... doesn't this shit just look badass?

8497.imgcache.png

8498.imgcache.png

CaptainWacky

IT WAS GEORGE LUCAS WHO CREATED IT BECAUSE ORIGINALLY VIZSLA WAS GOING TO USE A VIBROBLADE BUT LUCAS SAID "NO GIVE HIM A DARK LIGHTSABER" SEE HE'S STILL GOT IT.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well it was more "I think audiences are dumb and they wouldn't understand why something that isn't a lightsaber can block a lightsaber" but yeah.