Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 5

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Who was it that predicted this a few days ago (it was me, CaptainWacky.)

However yeah maybe it's not TOO BAD as I think we all thought season six would be the last season anyway and it seems like we are getting some kind of season six (but not called that.) We just don't know how it's going to be distributed.

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I don't like how it seems like they're scrapping everything that isn't going to be in the era of the new movies because of some stupid corporate "brand confusion" reason. We'll probably never see Ahsoka again (after these new episodes.) We'll probably never get a Wat Tambor: Origins movie. And that's terrible.

I wasn't super excited about Detours or anything but it could have been fun and I don't see how an animated comedy series would have harmed the new movies but whatever Disney.

CaptainWacky

The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the nominees for the 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars is well represented. The cast and crew of the Cartoon Network animated series received seven nominations. They are:

Outstanding Special Class Animated Program:
* George Lucas (Executive Producer), Cary Silver (Producer), and Athena Portillo (Line Producer)

Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program:
* Jim Cummings as Hondo Onaka
* David Tennant as Huyang
* Sam Witwer as Darth Maul

Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program:
* Dave Filoni (Supervising Director), Kyle Dunlevy, Brian Kalin O'Connell, Steward Lee, and Bosco Ng (Directors)

Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing - Animation:
* David Acord (Re-Recording Mixer) and Cameron Davis (Dialogue Recordist)

Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition:
* Kevin Kiner (Composer)

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Star Wars: The Clone Wars for this fantastic recognition! The 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards will air on Sunday, June 16, 2013.

THEY SHOULD WIN EVERYTHING (or at least Sam Witwer should win.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Dave Filoni's got a new Star Wars show!

[YOUTUBEHD]0bdfFos3PYQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an exciting, all-new animated television series based on one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Leading the development of the series is a creative team of exceptional talent. Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is an executive producer on Star Wars Rebels and will write the premiere episode. He is joined by Dave Filoni as executive producer, who served as supervising director of the Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008. Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, "The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we're thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD's viewers."

"I couldn't be more excited to explore new corners of the Star Wars universe," said Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm. "I think Star Wars Rebels will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about Star Wars."

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe will be the first to get an exclusive look at the new series. Casting will be announced at a later date. More information about this developing project will be found on StarWars.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/starwarsrebels.

Yeah this will be awesome. Plus, y'know, totally a period where a certain ex-Padawan might appear...

CaptainWacky

I WAS GOING TO POST A THREAD.

Yes I'll literally eat Tomtrek's hat if Ahsoka isn't in it. Also I'm sure some other old friends will drop by (KT-QT.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well there was a drawing of her in the background, whether that was still on the wall from Clone wars, or something from rebels, only time will tell.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'm going to say that it's about 99.99% likely that was a Clone Wars drawing because Disney and Lucasfilm go over these videos and make sure things like that don't get shown.

CaptainWacky

I'm just sad Dave won't be able to use Plo Koon again (he's dead.)

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

OKAY DEBBIE DOWNER.