Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING!?

"So, the show is in serious danger of being cancelled. What can we do to turn it around? I know! THE MOST BORING AND POINTLESS FUCKING EPISODE EVER!"

I'm not opposed to having episodes about Sarah's emotions and delusions and shit, but they just had a much better one two weeks ago! This was just another variation of the "main character wakes up in mental hospital" episode that's been done in EVERY SCI-FI SHOW EVER except NOTHING HAPPENED. Sarah's fat english room mate was as annoying as fuck and I'm glad she burned (on, in a dream). EVERYTHING at the sleep clinic was pointless and meant nothing.

The van stuff was a bit better, but why did the guy let Sarah go then stop her and keep strangling her then stopping and stuff? What was the FUCKING POINT?

daSJI:shj

Cameron was in her underwear for about two seconds, so that was good. Except it was only in Sarah's dream. So, umm, Sarah dreamed that when John was talking to her on the phone Cameron was walking around in her underwear? Right.

Maybe if the whole dream sequences had been out there and surreal it would have been entertaining but they were just DULL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was confused during most of the episode. I liked it, but I didn't really understand what was dream and what was real. I wondered if I'd blinked and missed something!

Should have known Sarah wouldn't check into a sleep clinic!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
FRIDAY'S EPISODE, IN SUMMARY:

blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
lol Cameron's pancakes
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
HOLY SMOKES SUMMER GLAU IS VERY PRETTY JESUS CHRIST
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
wha--aa??
huh?
NEEDLE IN EYE
blah
blah

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was a lot better than Dollhouse.

CaptainWacky

It was only better than Dollhouse because Terminator has more established characters who the viewer cares about. In terms of actual Terminator episodes it was the drizzling shits.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was just so confusing.. I guess pointless too. What did we learn from that episode? Maybe just that Sarah had never killed anyone, and that they're onto her.

CaptainWacky

Wait, she blew the guy's head off at the end, right? I hope she's over it now (now that she's blown his head off.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, she thought she killed him before, now she should be sure of it.

What was the coyote all about?!

CaptainWacky

Probably supposed to represent...something.

chucklemeister

Loveable fuzzball!
I loved the show at the beginning, but now it's just meandering around. I know you can't have explosions and shit every episode, but when your show is on the bubble, dull episodes just can't cut it.

CaptainWacky

And they had a three month break to come up with something better...and we get Sarah dreaming she's in a sleep clinic! (Okay, maybe the episodes were written and filmed before the break, but they could have been scheduled better.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
"Don't feel bad about not liking 'The Desert Cantos,'" Friedman told me.

Friedman said the writers wrote down all 22 of the season's episodes on a white board, and then went through and erased the weakest episode, and then the next weakest, until they were left with the best, by common consent. "The Desert Cantos" was the first episode to get erased, said Friedman.

The good news is, the remaining six episodes are among the best, according to all the writers. And the last three episodes of the season are all in the top four episodes of the season according to the writers' room consensus, said Friedman.
http://io9.com/5162419/after-a-slow-patch-sarah-connors-coming-back-full-throttle

MAJOR SPOILERS in that link that I haven't read because I don't want to be spoiled I just wanted to post that quooote.

CaptainWacky

Maybe they should have done that erasing BEFORE they actually filmed the episodes so they'd know what ones not to make (YES I KNOW THEY ONLY HAD A WEEK TO WRITE IT BLAH BLAH SEX!)

ANyway, the final six episodes sound good at least. Onwards and upwards.

...and then some voices singing the Scottish folk song "Donald Where's Your Trousers", including a child's voice.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
When I caught the first two episodes, I really enjoyed the show. But then it got moved, and wasn't on for a while, so I forgot about it. Now, like Dollhouse, I keep forgetting about it.

AM I GOING SENILE?

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
MuseZack said:
(Hambil @ Mar 2 2009, 02:09 AM)
Is Cameron "fully functional"?

The Vick Chamberlain T888 was, and that involved some fairly sophisticated plumbing, so I don't see why the more sophisticated Cameron model wouldn't be...
So there you have it.

CaptainWacky

Already knew that. ;)

CaptainWacky

I can't look at her without thinking of her as a robot. That's how good her acting is.