Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think the reason she wants all the robot parts destroyed is because if someone found them they could create Skynet (like the guy who found the robot hand did in T2.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Wouldn't that be a paradox, or SOMETHING? How can Skynet be created from a robot part built by Skynet?! lol

OH and I forgot about the hide and seek game. That was weird and cool at the same time, should have lasted longer and been more intense.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Wouldn't that be a paradox, or SOMETHING? How can Skynet be created from a robot part built by Skynet?! lol

The same way a guy can send someone else back in time so that that guy can be his Dad so he can grow up to send a guy back in time to be his Dad.

(yes it's a paradox)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'M MY OWN GRANDMA!

CaptainWacky

The hide and seek thing was creepy, yeah, but still didn't reall advance the story (unless Ellison's FINALLY figured out that Weaver is a machine, which he really should have by now.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I feel sorry for the little girl. Mommy, your lap is cold. I KNOW MEEP MEEP.

Ishcabittle

i'm getting the feeling that cameron is actually falling in love with john, don't forget she's "special" in some sense. ooohh!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH yeah, the previews for next week showed a flashback (I think it was a flashback) Jesse and Cameron, or someone who looks just like her, were in it.

CaptainWacky

Maybe Cameron's in the box?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to be harsh and say that the shows quality has dipped a lot recently.

The glacial pace of the show is getting a bit wearing and they all seem to be sitting around not really doing anything most of the time.

I get the feeling that the shows budget has been severely cut back due to the low numbers it's pulling in ratings. Perhaps they're saving their pennies with low cost episodes so they can go big for the finale which is looking a lot like it might be the end of the show.

Other things that haven't seemed to be working too well IMO are the fact that Cameron seems to be getting slightly retarded. She just seems more weird and autistic rather than a Terminator in the classic sense.

Sure, she is "special" and damaged and all that good stuff but I think they might have pushed that angle a little too much recently and it seems off.

The sleep center episode from a couple weeks back was probably the shows weakest episode to date and this one was much more of an improvement but still not that great. I actually enjoyed the B story though and it seems that Jesse was far more likable there and that there is some fucked up shit to be shown of her story to see how she ended up being the colossal bitch she is now.

The Weaver/Ellison stuff was pretty pointless and slow along with everything else in the episode and they really need to up the pace and deliver soon.

Still really like the show and hope that it gets a deserved third season but I want them to push the plot forward a bit faster now.

CaptainWacky

Haven't the funeral episode and the sleep centre episode back to back was just terrible placement. They should have condensed those episodes into one (and made it good) or just not had them at all. It's still a bit slow, but I thought the latest one was the best in ages (since before the months long break anyway.) It's not quite back to season one quality yet, but I think it's getting there. I like Cameron being all autistic (she's my dream girl!) at the moment, because I think she'll just snap out of it in a few weeks and shoot loads of things which will be really satisfying when it happens.

CaptainWacky

Great episode this week! I think they're definitely back on top form now. Really liked all the future scenes with Jessie. They did a great job fleshing her out and her acting was a lot better too (and she was hot in the bathing suit.) So John tried to make an alliance with the liquid terminators in the future (could that liquid terminator have actually been Weaver?) and they turned it down because of the humans being such paranoid assholes on the sub. Cool. The Queeg character was cool too. And seeing Cameron in the future.

Loved the scene with John and Jessie too. He's finally starting to seem like, well, John Connor. Good scene with her and Derek too. I'm just going to assume he did kill her. Of course if they get a third season and they want her back they can just say "oh the gun wasn't loaded." But it works as an end to the character.

So Weaver definitely seems have some kind of different agenda to Skynet. Maybe she just wants to rule over the humans rather than nuking the shit out of them. John Henry is quite likable and I'm always impressed by the actor. I hope Ellison doesn't die even though he's been a bit thick lately.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I missed the first 30 minutes because I had company, but the last half of the show was probably my favorite episode of SCC EVAR. Finally John isn't a wimp anymore! I really liked finding out that he was on to Riley and had been following her.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, though was there any hint of that in previous episodes? I can't remember.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I really liked this episode, too.

T-1000? AWESOME.

John doing an almost direct quote of his opening monologue from Terminator 3? AWESOME.

Jesse dying? AWESOME.

Fuck yeah.

CaptainWacky

I wanted to see Riley's corpse again. :(

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Also now they say that Jesse and Riley went swimming every week? When she's dead?

WHY DIDN'T WE GET TO SEE RILEY IN A SWIMMING COSTUME DAMNIT?!

CaptainWacky

And they should have done sex things too. Girl sex things. With each other.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't remember there being any hint of John suspecting Riley of anything but emoness.

CaptainWacky

He suspected her of having great tits.