Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles discussion thread

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was that the finale? I was hoping it wasn't, I'm dying to see what happens next!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
OMG best fucking cliffhanger ever. But it DOESN'T work as a series finale! They have to renew it!

I take it that was the girl Cameron was based on at the end rather than Cameron herself? That would be cool if Summer was playing her next season (IF THERE IS A NEXT SEASON) until they find her chip.

So I guess what happened is: John jumps to the future. So that means John was never the resistence leader. So Kyle never went back in time to protect Sarah so he's still alive and Derek didn't go back to protect John so he's still alive. So if there is a new season one of the big things will be John having to decide to go back and changed the timeline even though he knows Kyle and Derek will be dead.

They made a big deal about how John Henry can only exist in that room with all his hardware, yet he went into the future with just his body. So he won't be the same, surely?

What was with the mention of Danny Dyson? Obviously setting something up for next season. IF THERE IS ONE. So I guess next season would be Sarah and Ellison in the present day trying to stop Skynet (and they obviously failed given what the future was) and John in the future looking for Cameron. IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS, MEEP.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It should be noted that the blog was that saying that the series was "for-sure cancelled really guys I'm not making it up" also posted a giant post about a "leaked" script for the finale, which now turns out to be total bullshit (and he's now taken it down).

The only thing he had to go on is the sets being scrapped, and from what happened at the end of this episode it's pretty obvious why they wouldn't need the old sets any more.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Wow... quite a season finale.

So as someone who came to the party late (few eps here and there in season 1, most of season 2), what's the deal with Scottish chick/T-1000? Is there a dissenting camp in the TechnoCore?

Ishcabittle

That's the hope. The phrase "will you join us" is tossed around a bit in season 2, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intended plot line.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
They also have to resolve the relationship issue between Cameron and John. That scene with them in bed really expanded on the implied (possibly romantic/sexual) relationship that was hinted at. Remember Jesse said "He only listens to her. He spends all his time with her. It's sick."

CaptainWacky

It seems John was dating Allison, when she died he abducted one of the Terminators based on her likeness, programmed it to be more like her and banged the shit out of it. Well, that's the subtext I picked up!

CaptainWacky

It's cold.

The Question

Eternal
Trying to figure what series Terminator she's s'posed'ta fuckin' be from the perennial "half-the-face-ripped-off" shot... definitely not a T-888. Everything except the red eye is kinda reminiscent of the T-X, all kinda angular 'n' delicate lookin' 'n' shit.

The Question

Eternal
Hmmmmm, random bullshit musing:

1. When John traveled into post Judgement Day future, he was absent from the timeline when the Resistance started, so somebody else started it, probably the Reese Bros.

2. John Henry was also absent on Judgement Day, which means he's not Skynet (pretty clear already) but... sort of an anti-Skynet Skynet? Although it's not shown in any episodes yet, T-888s supposedly have one primary chip and two backups. Two possibilities on Cameron's chip and John Henry: A: Cameron let John Henry plug her chip into one of the backup sockets, then showed him how to download his AI into the other backup chip and is now doing a 'ride-along' in the Cromartie body, or B: John Henry used Cameron's chip but discarded the Cameron AI into the server farm while uploading his own AI into her chip, ditching her.

3. The girl John meets in the future *might* be Allison Young, but then again, did we ever actually see dogs going nuts around Cameron?

4. John Henry going into the future is odd. He got his ass kicked by Skynet in the present day, why would he take himself out of the loop for 15 years while it continues to advance from that point forward?

5. I'd still fuck Summer Glau even with the creepy robo-eye showing.

6. So would you. Don't lie.

CaptainWacky

I agree with all of the above.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
5. I'd still fuck Summer Glau even with the creepy robo-eye showing.

6. So would you. Don't lie.

Still fuck'er? Hell, that makes her even hotter in my opinion. Call me a dork, but the idea of fucking the shit out of robot gets me all tingly down there.

Guess I'd be a Steel Fucker. *ducks for cover*

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That's the same blog that was linked too earlier in the thread. Or possibly a different thread.. either way, we already read that and have read other blogs saying it isn't canceled, so it's still not definite.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Well, the Fox lot is literally around the corner from the office building where I work; I drive by every morning. The other day, they had a big flatbed on which they were moving sets off the lot, and I CLEARLY saw Summer Glau and Lena Headley wrapped up in cellophane. That PROVES it's cancelled, bitches!