THE APPRENTICE starts tomorrow

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Helen and Tom obviously deserved to win and be in the final. Natasha was lucky to have lasted so long. Helen should win, but if you look at where everyone was sitting in the preview and where Lord Sugar was pointing when he said "you're hired" he didn't seem to be pointing at her (looked like Susan or even Jim!?) But they might have all changed seats...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The pie and mash fast food shop in Covent Garden tweeted at me.

I wonder if I can get some free pies out of this...

CaptainWacky

Ask if you can get a Columbus.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Done and Done.

@batterseapie Are your pies named after any great Battersea icons, such as Harry Hill, Vivienne Westwood, or Christopher Columbus?

CaptainWacky

I did laugh everytime Helen said "welcome to my pie" (as the scottish person on You're Fired pointed out, vaginas can be called pies here.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Oh Helen. Helen Helen Helen Helen Helen.

If this had been a normal series of The Apprentice then you'd've won instantly. But it wasn't. You needed a business plan. And yours wasn't... very good.

So of course it makes sense that Susan won when she was the only one who'd-

wait

what

TOM WON?

THAT'S AWESOME.

The smartest thing Lord Sugar and Tom could do is to instantly hire Helen to manage Tom and then they can get married and live happily ever after.

CaptainWacky

I like Tom and I can understand why he won, but it sort of makes the whole series look pointless considering he lost 8 times and Helen won 10. I mean why didn't Lord Sugar just ask to see their business plans in the first week and save some time? (Because there would have been no show then.) So it was kind of a weird end to the series. And he didn't even like the chair!

HELEN SHOULD GET HER OWN SHOW ABOUT BUSINESS ON SKY LIKE RUTH BADGER DID WHICH I REMEMBER WATCHING ONE YEAR WHEN I WAS ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS AND THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK AND IT WAS QUITE SURREAL BUT MAYBE I IMAGINED THE SHOW COME TO THINK OF IT.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah I'd say that was one major problem for this series - the tasks are all set up to weed out the people who would make a bad employee, like in the previous series, but then the final looked at totally different things.

CaptainWacky

The runner up should get to take over from Karren Brady.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, if you look at it under any scrutiny it doesn't make any sense, but then it's all so set up that maybe it doesn't really matter in the end. I read the other day that they film all the walks to the taxi on the first day, and I wonder if that includes every candidate doing a "yippee, I've won!" take as well.

As far as business plan (or seed of an idea for a business) Tom was the best candidate left and it's great to see him win. I loved Susie, and her business was pretty strong, but it wasn't as innovative as Tom's and didn't play into Lord Alan's interests at all. I hope we see more of her on tv after this, though.

Did anyone think Helen looked like some sort of third Amy Acker/Summer Glau clone with her hair long?

Jim looked very odd. Like a Thunderbird puppet. Whoever's doing the makeup should put the foundation down.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Yes, but in the grand scheme of ridiculous businessmen who lord it about thinking they are gods gift we have Richard Branson and lord sugar, you North Americans have a list as long as donkey kong's cock.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Lord Sugar's Apprentice is way better than Donald Trump's overblown pile of dung which goes by the same title.

CaptainWacky

I hate those Virgin adverts with David Tennant.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I've just re read that post and I appear to have been defending Richard Branson and Lord Sugar just because they are "ours"

I have let myself down, let my family down, my parents and worse, i have let my online persona down.

CaptainWacky

You should have used Sir Clive Sinclair he's cool.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I stand by my comments about Donald Trump's telly defecation.