Torchwood: Miracle Gay... er, Day

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
He did seem slimmer...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
So, when is it on OVER THERE? I'm curious about the scenes they cut and replace AND SUCH.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH, well you probably posted that in the first post DIDN'T YOU?

I don't understand why it has to be nearly a week before it's aired over there. :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This show is useless to me without an abundance of hot male shower/decon & bed scenes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ARE YOU GUYS WATCHING TORCHWOOD THIS VERY MOMENT? Jane Espenson seems to be live tweeting it, but she's watching a tape (OR WHATEVER) and probably not the same version as the UK, I don't know. It's very confusing.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah it just finished over here.

I couldn't tell any differences between the two versions (apart from the UK one had a long trailer at the end) but apparently that's because there weren't any differences in this episode but there will be in future episodes.

OH WELL THEN.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good over all. That trailer at the end was very long and quite exciting, so I'm looking forward to more.

Most of my complaints are pretty minor or technical. It was all going well until Rex went to Wales and came out with ridiculous lines like "what's with this BRIDGE?!" as if he'd never seen a bridge before and then there was that stupid bit where the presumably highly trained black ops helicopter crew failed to blow up a puny looking Welsh cottage by accidentally firing a missile directly through it and into the hillside beyond. And why didn't Rex get a flight directly into Cardiff anyway? I'm pretty sure the Welsh capital has an airport.

Bill Pullman was really good. I liked all his odd mannerisms and whatnot, which could've seemed force if it was someone else playing the character.

One of the shots of the car driving down the beach had really jarring CGI, but otherwise all the effects were pretty good. I was expecting some burning men to crawl out of the helicopter once it crashed.

I know it's typical of an RTD episode to have CLOSE UP SHOTS OF DRAMATIC NEWS ANCHORS but why were the closeups mostly of people's necks?!

I liked the doctor's accent.

Creepy suicide bomber guy was creepy.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Just seen it, it was ok, for a first episode it should have been a lot stronger, I can see a lot of the viewers bailing.

Took too long to get to Jack, interesting that he no longer has his Wolverine healing factor though, guess he's in the same boat as everyone else.

My wife thought Gwen looked a bit rough, then when she saw the baby said "well that explains it then"

So hopefully that was intentional by the makeup department.

I liked the FBI agent Owen Harper moment.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
1653.imgcache.jpg

___

1654.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was pretty good. Surprised they actually brought Rhys across but I guess they need someone to drive vehicles into fences. I liked the bit with the earmuffs on the baby. The trailer at the end seemed to give too much away, but I guess we still don't know who the villains are (maybe Lauren Ambrose's character?) Looking forward to Wayne Knight and Jack kissing a man and the V For Vendetta rip-off scene coming up too!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, it's the usual thing with RTD. His influences are always so transparent.

Doesn't really like Americans much, so he makes one of them a total caricature, barging into another country, guns blazing, being clueless about geography, flashing his badge around...

Lots of complaints on IMDb that the toll bridge jokes don't make any sense since America has far more tolls on highways than we do (the ones on the Severn and Humber bridges are the only ones I've ever seen in this country), and that the writer is obviously clueless.

CaptainWacky

Why didn't he just take a HELICOPTER to Wales like in THE MOVIES.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Why didn't Jane Espenson tell them about AMERICAN THINGS?

CaptainWacky

TOO BUSY BEING SUED.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
SHE'S HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Second episode was MEH, imo.

Angry obnoxious black man is angry obnoxious black man. Gay guy on the plane is gay, HE'S GAY HE'S GAY HE'S GAY... oh did we mention he's gay?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, that sounds like the kind of thing RTD would write. He's currently writing a drama about a bunch of gay men. I'm not sure how it's different from Queer As Folk, which he also wrote.

Sausageman should send him an angry email asking for better gender equality.