True Blood Season 5

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Lafayette and Sookie asked Pam to turn Tara after Debbie blew half her head off.

It remains to be seen if Tara came back "right" -- but probably not.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I wonder how Harris feels about the wild changes to her story lines?

I've read all the books and was glad Lafayette's character stayed on. However, I've always felt that Tara's expanded role was a sop to African American viewers. Additionally, the few black characters on the show have been tangential to her. (except for Kenya).

There, I said it.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
It has strayed so far from the books that it could just as well be considered fanfiction, imo.

Cassie said:
How come they had to turn Tara into a vampire, shouldn't Pam's blood heal up her wounds?
Too much blood loss. There's a limit to what can be healed before the turning will be automatic.
Or do I confuse that with Vampire Diaries? Anyway, that explanation would work here, as well ;)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I LIKE Tara as a vampire. Finally there's a reason for her to be pissed at the world. I loved it when she sorta crouched on the sink like a giant bird.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I do love how the actress who plays Hoyt's mom makes the most out of every little line she's given. Her secret thank-you to Jason in the middle of tossing him out made me laugh.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I actually enjoy the gay vampire Steve Newlin. The part where he danced into Jessica's house with the cheesey grin was really funny.

What was the point of the part where the boy went to the police station and yelled at Jason? Was it just to remind us that Jason sleeps around? Because we already know that.

Sookie at the vampire defence store seemed like padding too.

(Yes I finally remembered to reply to this thread after two days!)

CaptainWacky

I'm surprised the flashbacks weren't set during the Boxer Rebellion.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are they going with Jason? Are they trying to make him a deeper character? Him being confronted with his slutbucket past is boring.

They're kinda making Sook a bitch this year. I liked when she huffed off after fairyjuicing Pam. But she's alienating herself from everyone, and like we're not supposed to know Lafayette is screaming YOU'RE THE ANGEL OF DEATH at her.

I say let Tara burn!

As much as I enjoyed Jessica's pale breasts last night, she's annoying me too.

I can't believe they did that to Pam and Eric.

CaptainWacky

Haven't they done this "Jason has an epiphany about his sex life" story a couple of times before?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
All the rain messed up my TB viewing Sunday, but I caught the rerun last night.

I'm loving Tara the vampire. I never hated Tara, LIKE SOME OF YOU, though. I think the actress is really into playing Tara the vampire. Also, I think Pam remembering her past will bring her around to looking after Tara, and more Pam is always GOOD.

Tisiphone

I loved Tara in the beginning, but then they decided to give her more bad luck than Erica Kane, and it all wore thin after a while. If they make her into a "normal" vampire very soon, rather than draw this out all season long, then I'll enjoy her more.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's too bad Franklin didn't turn her, then they could be rampaging vampires together. I miss Franklin.

Tisiphone

[YOUTUBEHD]5emwWBgHejs[/YOUTUBEHD]

CaptainWacky

Hooker!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, not bad episodes. It's certainly still watchable anyway.

I like the concept of Tara being turned into the one thing she hates most, but it remains to be seen whether they'll make anything from it all. What's she going to do besides being angry?

The stuff with Bill and Eric isn't doing it for me at all. I like some cheese and dudes in riot gear with guns, but it's just a bit too camp for me. And they haven't established thoroughly enough how vamp society works, so it's not very easy to follow. You don't know what the rules are.