True Blood Season 5

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Good point -- it's the kind of story that used to take up only the first 3 minutes of a Six Feet Under episode, to set up that week's funeral. (OMG ALSO WRITTEN BY ALAN BALL OMG)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
IT'S HIS FAULT DEXTER SUCKS TOO.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I won't go so far as to say this season has been boring.

Wait.

Yeah I will.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure Russell will heal soon!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
So I thought that episode was a little better. I mean yes there's still far too many plots but at least some of them were pretty okay.

I like the Bill/Eric/Sookie/Russell plot now it's actually doing something. Who knows if they'll do anything next week! I also quite like whatever's happening with Jason.

And they actually gave Jessica a scene that wasn't "Enter scene - wear revealing clothes - leave scene"! Even if it was with Tara!

Of course Terry Iraq fire god plot is totally stupid. A group of American soldiers murder a whole bunch of innocent civilians, so they get cursed (by what? Iraq magic?)... and we're supposed to be rooting for the soldiers?

Also more Tina Majorino she's awesome.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I agree this one was a little better. AND ALSO, that they have too many little story lines. Why can't they have more of the main characters involved in one story arc? I realize they can't all be doing the same things together all the time, but TOO MUCH GOING ON.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
On the plus side, with so many plots flying around, if you don't like the current scene you only have to wait 30 seconds or so for something you may prefer.

I can't really like Terry now. I don't care if he was drugged up, freaked out and under peer pressure to kill someone who might die anyway, he murdered a woman in cold blood!

For a second I thought they'd recast Alfre Woodard as Tara's mum. Was she in it before? I can't tell if I'm confusing her with the character she played in that stupid stupid Desperate Housewives story.

The Sookie and Co scenes were decent, but it felt like they were really dragging it out so they could show Russell in the last scene.

I'm annoyed at them killing Sam's girlfriend. Was that really necessary? Can't people just be happy sometimes? I'd like to think she'd miraculously survive, but it seems unlikely they'd shoot two characters and have both of them recover. :(

CaptainWacky

I'm annoyed that they killed Sam's girlfriend because she was really hot. Oh and it's stupid how they have to kill every love interest ever.

I liked the Jessica/Tara scene and the Sookie stuff was okay. Still don't really care about the Authority stuff (oh no, some character we only met this season might be a traitor!)

Yeah the Terry story was just a horrible idea. They all deserve to die for killing innocent people (and why did the smoke monster wait all these years before hunting them down?)

Alfred Woodard is Layfayette's mum. Jesus was her carer. I didn't recognise her at first this episode so that scene was confusing.

Alcide might as well be played by a non-speaking extra.

Falconfire

missmanners' favorite toy
I dont think Luna is dead, i suspect its very much a ER moment where they misdirect you on who is dead or not.

That being said rumor sites were pretty clear someone was dying and I doubt it would be Sam so she is probably toast. Least we got to see Shiva Kamini Soma Kandarkram's titties :phpxd:

[YOUTUBE]trtfyNvS30I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^ at Falconfire...

to do a youtube it's a little tricky...you use the [ youtube ] on the front, and the [ /youtube ] in the back but you x out all the data but the video number so the link would be edited to [ youtube ] trtfyNvS30I [ /youtube ] only without the spaces, so it comes out like

[youtube]trtfyNvS30I[/youtube]

Falconfire

^ at Falconfire...

to do a youtube it's a little tricky...you use the [ youtube ] on the front, and the [ /youtube ] in the back but you x out all the data but the video number so the link would be edited to [ youtube ] trtfyNvS30I [ /youtube ] only without the spaces, so it comes out like

Ahh I see, thanks for the heads up

CaptainWacky

She should have shifted into an animal that can't be killed by bullets (I don't know.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Or a rapper. Takes 4 or 5 times before they finally go down for good.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
This season is all over the place.

Was I supposed to understand why Jesus' head was shown to Lafayette and his mama, and why his mouth was sewn up?? I thought I'd hallucinated that entire little scene.

I think Lucretia is the baddie. She's making too many weird, mysterious, look at me I'm hiding something faces for her not to be.

Ugh...Tara. I'm sorry, she's not endearing herself to me as a vampire. At least Jess has found out how to have fun, even from the start. No, we've got more mopey the world hates me Tara. Franklin shoulda stayed alive and then when she got turned, come back and that could have been an interesting dynamic.

Falconfire

I think Lucretia is the baddie. She's making too many weird, mysterious, look at me I'm hiding something faces for her not to be.

Picked up on this too almost a episode into the season. Its just WAY too obvious shes the one who released Russell

Ugh...Tara. I'm sorry, she's not endearing herself to me as a vampire. At least Jess has found out how to have fun, even from the start. No, we've got more mopey the world hates me Tara. Franklin shoulda stayed alive and then when she got turned, come back and that could have been an interesting dynamic.

Or they should have kept Tara dead and explore the effects of that on Lafayette. She is utterly a useless character and I want to break my screen every time her whiny ass is on it. I didnt even get why she remained on considering how many people hate her. As it is she diverges hugely from the book version and considering we kept Lafayette around despite dying in the books I see no reason why we HAVE to keep Tara around considering she is a z list character in the books to begin with.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They keep Tara on because she is the punching bag. I like her, though. I'm glad she's a vampire now, I think her story will get more interesting.

CaptainWacky

Maybe Tara's cagefighting girlfriend will come back...AS A WEREWOLF.

CaptainWacky

So tonight's episode was...an episode.

Why did they all just stand there gasping while Russell killed the head vampire guy? Vampires can move SUPER FAST so why not, like, stop him?

I can't even remember any funny lines or moments, really (except maybe the Alcide being repulsed by Sookie bit.)

Oh, and how come they can have people in Obama masks murdering and saying "yes we can!" (okay, that was funny too) but GOT can't have a Bush head that can't be recognise as Bush?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
How come Doctore killed those people on the bus, instead of glamoring them? Seems if he was that concerned he'd have killed Sookie and Alcide too. I guess they're not really all about peaceful coexistence!