Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I now have Netflix!

So far:
The Expanse - just bad, I'm bored after 3 episodes, shame as the books were good.
Altered Carbon - guilty pleasure, sort of bad but easy viewing. Americans really like tits and sex on cable shows don't they?
End of the f***cking world - really liked that
Black Mirror - generally good but bit tired of the AND THERE IS A TWIST and It's IMPLANTS ISNT IT? stuff
Inside Number 9 - Why do people like this? It's like 6th form drama
The Sinner - good and Justins wife is hot (and also a very good actress). Bill Pulman was good as well

I am trying to watch Star Trek but everyone shouts at me when I put it on. I have to sneak it on at weird times.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I like the Expanse but it did take a while to get going. The first season has a lot of stuff that isn't in the books and at first I was like "why are they adding this" but I ended up appreciating how they developed the main characters more than the books.

Altered Carbon is good silly fun (I bet Tomtrek never finished it after getting sick of me and Cassie hassling him.)

I considered watching End of The Fucking World but, no lie, was put off by the stupid censored title. Just call it something else!

I like Inside No. 9. There are some bad episodes (like an anthology) so maybe you only watched them!

I like Jessica Biel and am intrigued by the idea she was in something good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like the Expanse, but I only appreciated it on a second viewing. It’s a lot harder work than the books, but I think it’s worth it. The characters are a lot more fleshed out and don’t talk like a bad Joss Whedon fanfic and the political discussions have a lot more weight and context to them than they do in the books. And it looks pretty.

I haven’t given up on Altered Carbon, but I also can’t be bothered to watch it.

I’ve now seen Mute twice (my flat mate watched it the other day - it wouldn’t have happened otherwise) and I liked it more the second time. I really don’t think it’s a bad movie. It would actually be hitting it’s mark to emulate Blade Runner if it didn’t have so much humour.

CaptainWacky

I made The IT Crowd my new "can't be bothered moving so just watch Netflix" show. The first series is surprisingly not very good? There's funny parts, but half the jokes don't land and often the characters will just awkwardly trail off, confusing the studio audience. And the characters all feel wrong: Roy is a one note asshole, Moss is too much like Father Dougal and every one of Jen's stories is about some WOMAN'S ISSUE (there was a whole episode about her period which was AWFUL.) Noel Fielding was actually funnier than the main characters. Fortunately the first episode of the second series (the one with "GAY! A GAY MUSICAL" and Roy saying "I'm disabled!") is funnier than all of series 1 put together. They must have done some series "retooling" between the first and second year. Or just decided to make it funnier.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I don’t remember if it gets better for Jen, but in the first series it was very noticeable that the writers couldn’t think of anything but stereotypical women’s issues, like her quest for a new pair of shoes. But the one where she goes on a date with Adam Buxton (he was the last man to have slept with her) is excellent.

My “can’t be arsed to get up/I guess I could watch something for 20 minutes” show is Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is basically Community in a police station.

CaptainWacky

My “can’t be arsed to get up/I guess I could watch something for 20 minutes” show is Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is basically Community in a police station.

You should watch The Good Place.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked Mindhunter the ending was very abrupt. I’m hoping it’s just on a mid season break.

Just watched the episode of Altered Carbon which centres on Kovach’s original, better acting body and it was excellent. If every episode was that good I’d be really enjoying it. Nice, relatable characters, amazing locations and a good story. Finally.

CaptainWacky

Lost in Space looks expensive.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Could be good!

Wow, Dichen Lachman is naked a LOT. Those must’ve been weird filming days.

In fact, pretty much every main character is naked at some point. Which is all very well since they look good, but it’s not really necessary. It just gives the impression that the story isn’t good enough so needs some help to keep it interesting.

CaptainWacky

Did you get to the fight scene at the end of episode 8 with all the naked clones? I thought that was good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was very good, but I must admit I was distracted from whatever the choreography was. I just kept thinking “she used to be in Neighbours!”

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I am going back to Expanse following this thread. Altered Carbon is sort of worth it (I watched it all) but felt dirty afterwards.

Troll Kingdom is still good, that is consistent.

CaptainWacky

Let's not go nuts.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
vz2p6K1.gif

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Remember 3 years ago when Michael Keaton was a thing again? Good times.

CaptainWacky

He was a thing last year when everyone declared him the best villain in a Marvel movie before completely forgetting him when Killmonger came along in Black Panther.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Annihilation is worth a watch if you like Natalie Portman and trippy sci-fi stories.