Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

Mirah

I love you
Oh and I think I am about the watch the principles of pleasure.
But really
Why do I when I already know the story of the "orgasm gap".
Please.

Mirah

I love you
Switched to Making Fun. Builder dudes build fun stuff for kids.
Giving me Jesse James Monster Garage vibes.
And beareded guys.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oscars roundup, since the awards are Sunday night:

Tick Tick Boom was a lot of fun for the theater queen inside me. I wouldn't be mad if Andrew Garfield won Best Actor for it.

I enjoyed Drive My Car. The first half is slow, but then it picks up the closer they get to putting on the actual performance of Uncle Vanya at the end, which is kind of beautiful to watch if you're into that sort of thing...

West SIde Story didn't thrill me as much as I wanted it to. Other than Anita and seeing Rita Moreno as Lady Doc, the cast was kind of bland. The rewrites made the story more understandable in its NYC West Side environment, but sticking most of the explanations into the characters' mouths didn't really make it more entertaining. Interesting that it took place in the rubble of demolished buildings where Linoln Center was about to be built. I guess the original couldn't play that up as much since, well, Lincoln Center still hadn't been built yet lol.

I saw Don't Look Up months ago. It was very good but I'm not surprised that it hasn't been sweeping the awards so far.

I need to watch Coda and Power of the Dog this weekend.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Watched the first episode of Murderville with Conan O'Brien. I loved how they kept trying to make him eat more and more of the sloppy joes with the super hot sauce. Not sure I'm that interested enough in the other celebrities to watch the other five episodes anytime soon though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I saw the gentleman, and I'm currently watching wet hot American summer first day of camp

Mirah

I love you
I'll have to check some of these out. I think I need to go to the store and get some snacks first.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched CODA. (AppleTV not Netflix). It's a Billy Elliot kind of story but with a singing girl instead of a ballet boy. It's well made, the script gets a little Lifetime in moments, but the actors (deaf and hearing) are phenomenal.
When the girl Ruby is singing Both Sides now at her Berklee audition, and she starts signing the lyrics to her deaf family who snuck up to the balcony to watch, I lost it. Yep, cried like a little bitch. So yes, even though it's not a perfect movie, it lands where it's supposed to.

Mirah

I love you
Okay so sometimes my sister and I watch movies together. We are in dif cities of course, but that changes up what type of movei I watch-But I thought this one was cute-it was called "Just like Heaven".

But now I am watching Lee Daniels' The Butler.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
After CODA I watched The Tragedy of Macbeth with Denzel, and Frances McDormand. They kicked ass, and it's visually arresting, using mostly VFX environments in a 4x3 aspect ratio. In black & white.

Wow Omg GIF by Lauv

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Then I watched The Power of the Dog (actually on Netflix!). Acting was great, for what they were given, a Western that turns into something else. They sure didn't hold back on the animal gore in the Western part, but then they sure held back when it came to the "different" parts. It was interesting, but I didn't buy everything they were selling.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I watched the bubble, it's not as funny as it wanted to be, a lot of famous actors play second fiddle to the directors daughter.

Mirah

I love you
My sister and I watched Carrie Pilby last night.
It is so strange, I had seen scenes from that movie before, but not the whole movie.
It was cute.

Mirah

I love you
I now have access to Disney+! Yay!
I'm starting with West Side Story.
What else should be on my list?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It is good fun.

CaptainWacky

Mirah

I love you
I got that confused with Killing Eve for a moment.

I am watching Hamilton now. Woo! Finally.

CaptainWacky

How many episodes can you get out of a man fighting a bee.