Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I need to put a big folder on my desk that says "TAX STUFF". Because every year the forms trickle in and each time one comes I go "where should I put this so I won't lose it?" And every time it winds up getting filed someplace different. So then when it is time to gather them all up, it's an exciting scavenger hunt.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Today's Christmas edition of Great Truths is how meanings change over time.

When I was a kid the threat was, if you're naughty, Santa will bring you a lump of coal. Of course to us this meant something dirty and useless. They might as well have said Santa would take a dump in your stocking. BUT...

If you were born earlier--we'll say WWII or before--a lump of coal was actually something very useful to get. Coal could be burned in the stove to heat the house and cook the food to keep the family from freezing and starving to death. Still not anything fun for a kid to play with, but it was a message to the "naughty" kid about giving and sharing. You shared your present from Santa with your family so you would all make it through the cold winter together. And maybe next Christmas, if you were nice, you might get candy or a toy or something.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hope somebody ate all the edible stuff...

whisky

Boobie inspector
Was watching Indy 5 didn't feel compelled to watch it all in one go.

Watched all three episodes of season 2 reacher one after the other, make of that what you will as to which was more entertaining.

StarMan™

Was watching Indy 5 didn't feel compelled to watch it all in one go.

Watched all three episodes of season 2 reacher one after the other, make of that what you will as to which was more entertaining.

I keep meaning to watch Reacher. My late father loved the book series, but couldn't stand Tom Cruise in the role, who looked nothing like the character described in the books (apparently - I haven't read them). From what I've seen / heard, I think he'd be pretty happy with this version.

re: Indy 5 - same. Christ, he was resting in peace.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This Reacher is a brick shithouse.

You can probably watch season 2 without seeing one, but it it worth watching.
Interesting. Jack Reacher is not at all on my radar. A quick Wiki schooling raises some points: British author. Character is ex military officer, looking for exciting, adventurous work. Basically Bulldog Drummond for the 21st century.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I can haz stek? 50 bucks for the lot of them.

qZViIzi.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My iPad just bought the farm. It still works but the jack used for charging is bent to shit, and I can't get it fixed because it's too old.

I just ordered a new one which whill be here in a few days, but now I have to keep the old one shut down if I have any hope of transferring everything to the new one when it only has 29% power left and no way to recharge it. IT'S JUST LIKE AN ACTION MOVIE WITH KEANU!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
A lot of data is on the Cloud (photos, docs, etc.), but there is a function for transfering the whole contents from one pad to another, which would save me a lot of time on setup / config.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter