Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
The least forgiving outfit is probably a "wife beater," tucked into bluejeans. If you wear this at least once a month, getting fat will never "sneak up" on you.

It isn't even a conscious thing, where you look at it and go "I'm getting fat," you just think "this looks terrible," I don't want to be seen in it. You need to realize this is because your belly has gotten big without you noticing it.
Fun story! I'm wearing a wifebeater and jeans right now! But I'm just sitting here doing laundry at stupid o'clock in the morning so it's excusable.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There's a book, "Good to Great," that looks at paired companies to see why some companies become great while others perhaps achieve mediocrity (IBM versus National Cash Register, for example). It's sort of interesting this long after it is written because some of its "Great" companies like Circuit City have since gone under or are limping along. Anyway, there's a great soundbite from it: "Good is the enemy of Great." And this is nicely illustrated by my current weight struggle. If I were going to be in competitive athlete shape, I'd be around 155. I like to be 160 and am happy with 165. I got north of 175 and saw some unflattering pictures of me so I ramped up the exercise as much as I can at this age. But I was still stuck, hovering around 175 so I sadly added some diet in. This is starting to take hold. I'm consistently under 175 and occasionally bumping up against 170. Getting around half of the high end of my goal and looking (and feeling) so much better, it is very tempting to say "this isn't too bad. I can live with 172." So tempting.

On a related note, Totino's "Party" Pizzas are...just don't. Don't. I wanted a frozen pizza but didn't want to fart around with cutting one in half so I gave them a try because they're about the right size, calorie/serving-wise. But they cannot actually be considered food.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
There's a book, "Good to Great," that looks at paired companies to see why some companies become great while others perhaps achieve mediocrity (IBM versus National Cash Register, for example). It's sort of interesting this long after it is written because some of its "Great" companies like Circuit City have since gone under or are limping along. Anyway, there's a great soundbite from it: "Good is the enemy of Great." And this is nicely illustrated by my current weight struggle. If I were going to be in competitive athlete shape, I'd be around 155. I like to be 160 and am happy with 165. I got north of 175 and saw some unflattering pictures of me so I ramped up the exercise as much as I can at this age. But I was still stuck, hovering around 175 so I sadly added some diet in. This is starting to take hold. I'm consistently under 175 and occasionally bumping up against 170. Getting around half of the high end of my goal and looking (and feeling) so much better, it is very tempting to say "this isn't too bad. I can live with 172." So tempting.

On a related note, Totino's "Party" Pizzas are...just don't. Don't. I wanted a frozen pizza but didn't want to fart around with cutting one in half so I gave them a try because they're about the right size, calorie/serving-wise. But they cannot actually be considered food.
Yeah I'm around 170-175 these days too. I dropped ten or fifteen pounds earlier this year and have been able to maintain it so far. Also, the secret to Totino's is to roll them up like a burrito. But you're right. They're garbage.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Little known fact. I am Norwegian by birth and have about a thousand cousins over there because my relatives keep spawning. Anyway.

Back when I was 14 or so one of my uncles came over to visit and we picked him up at the airport. He came off the plane wearing a fur coat and a blonde wig and aviator sunglasses. Drunk as shit. So we took him home and shoved him in the basement bedroom overnight so he could.... shall we say adjust to the time change.

He gets up the next morning for breakfast and he'd drained another bottle of scotch he had in his luggage. And we're sitting around the dining room table and he just goes in his stilted English, "Ladies and gentlemen? Kiss my ass." And then he faceplanted into his breakfast plate and my dad ordered my brother and I to cart him back to bed so he could sleep it off again.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah I'm around 170-175 these days too. I dropped ten or fifteen pounds earlier this year and have been able to maintain it so far. Also, the secret to Totino's is to roll them up like a burrito. But you're right. They're garbage.
Hot sauce (and lots of other doctoring) seems to be the key for me. And possibly lowered expectations. I got 2. The first one got the traditional oregano and parmesan. This one I added garlic powder and a decent amount of a Tabasco-style hot sauce. I didn't actively hate it. But yeah, if I were to describe a Totino's Party Pizza to someone who'd never had one, I'd suggest taking 2 McDonald's Hamburgers, 4 White Castle sliders, a Taco Bell bean & cheese burrito, and a fistful of Ex-Lax tablets, throwing them all into a blender and then drinking it like a milkshake for a similar nutritional and digestive experience.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Hot sauce (and lots of other doctoring) seems to be the key for me. And possibly lowered expectations. I got 2. The first one got the traditional oregano and parmesan. This one I added garlic powder and a decent amount of a Tabasco-style hot sauce. I didn't actively hate it. But yeah, if I were to describe a Totino's Party Pizza to someone who'd never had one, I'd suggest taking 2 McDonald's Hamburgers, 4 White Castle sliders, a Taco Bell bean & cheese burrito, and a fistful of Ex-Lax tablets, throwing them all into a blender and then drinking it like a milkshake for a similar nutritional and digestive experience.
lol. About right.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Text her instead, harder to ignore.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It's probably time to get a new computer. I really don't want a new computer, but I'm stuck using old versions of browsers and there are some hints that the thing may be wearing out. And it's far better to transition to a new machine while the old one still works. But I want an optical drive and I don't think you can go to a store and buy a laptop off the shelf with an optical drive these days. Hell, you can barely go to a store and buy ANY computer these days. My local Staples is gone. Not a huge surprise, given how dead it's been the last few times I went there for something. I miss the 20th century. I miss my Windows 2000 desktop that I built myself.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
When you have pets, you go "you know, this room would work better if I flipped where the couch and the chair are," but then you realize that would interfere with the spot The Dog likes to lay in.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I had to get AT&T for broadband in Kentucky. Mostly fiber but for a period I had DSL when I moved to an address that didn't have fiber service yet. I dropped it this spring because it had gone from $40 a month to $70 a month in the space of 7 years--with 3 rate increases in the last year. Conversely, my TMobile cell phone has not gone up in a decade. So I got the TMobile 5g and it's been good (and less than AT&T). That said, they say to put the device close to a window and high up. Those things are kind of mutually exclusive but I sited it on a coffee table on my enclosed front porch and its been fine. But today my computer has been acting funny and I think it may have to do with how warm it's been (I keep the AC set pretty high in my house because I'm cheap and I also want to acclimate to the outside weather as much as I can). This got me to thinking about the wireless edge device out on the porch. The porch does NOT have AC. It works kind of like a big storm/double pane window and helps insulate the front of the house from the sun. I went out and checked the thing and it seemed fairly hot so I decided to move it into my living room. Now it isn't as close to a window but it is up high. I was going to say the signal is 1 bar lower but that may have just been the storm passing through, because while I was typing this it just went up to full strength.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've been living in blasting AC since June. The hallways and lobby of my building don't have AC so I don't even have to go outdoors to know how gross it is outside my cozy little refrigerated home. I need to bring a bottle of water to go to my mailbox.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I've been living in blasting AC since June. The hallways and lobby of my building don't have AC so I don't even have to go outdoors to know how gross it is outside my cozy little refrigerated home. I need to bring a bottle of water to go to my mailbox.
I know how gross it is inside my apartment. I've been blasting 2 box fans since June. Ironically the hallways and lobby of my building have AC and my work place is too cold. It's like working in the freezer of a meat packing plant. My friend that used to have a job loading and unloading the refrigerated train cars would love it.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I know how gross it is inside my apartment. I've been blasting 2 box fans since June. Ironically the hallways and lobby of my building have AC and my work place is too cold. It's like working in the freezer of a meat packing plant. My friend that used to have a job loading and unloading the refrigerated train cars would love it.
Jeez dude. When I went to the city commission meeting a few weeks ago it was like 50F in there. I was freezing my sack off. (Not Katee)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
By May in Iraq & Kuwait laptop hard drives were failing at a dangerous rate to the point where we tried to restrict computer use between Noon and 4pm. People would save the caps off water bottles to use as little feet to put under the corners of their laptops so air could circulate under them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Modern "country" music is so terrible. There was a country fad in the mid 1990s that I thought was terrible. There's a local high school that has a radio station that plays a little of everything and a few days ago they played the '90s country song that I hated the most and, compared to 2024 "country" I really enjoyed it.

(although now it is stuck in my head, pushing my blood pressure up and giving me a low undertone of rage since I heard it)