Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Old_Man_Yells_at_cloud_cover.jpg

Seriously though. Do your job or gtfo.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This summer I officially got Old. You get to...say, 32 and that's it. Mentally you're there for a long time. As you're approaching 50 you start to realize your body doesn't recover as quickly and hear yourself saying things you would've laughed at the "old person" for saying, but this summer...

I'm mowing the lawn. My base model store brand lawnmower that has served me loyally for well over a decade finally died a couple years ago. And it still technically ran, but the plastic housing the front wheels are attached to cracked badly enough that it wasn't practical to repair (on top of all the other wear and tear). So I bought the next level up of store brand from the other big box hardware store and loved it--for nearly a year. Then I hit a twig or something and the blade folded over like it was tinfoil. And I found out it had a proprietary blade mount--that even the store I bought it from didn't have replacement blades for. This spring the rubber tread just unrolled from one of the front wheels. A week or two ago the other front wheel just broke off. Even the engine is dogshit. It won't start unless I shout "YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT MOWER!" while trying to get the pull cord to engage properly.

I'm looking at it bitterly and thinking "Briggs and Stratton engine. Briggs and Stratton used to be the gold standard in lawnmower engines. What is this world coming to?" And that's when I realized I was Old.

How can a lawnmower you buy today be exponentially shittier than a lawnmower you bought 15 years ago? How did we go to the moon regularly in the early 1970s and now we have trouble reliably getting to near earth orbit? Why can't you buy a wind-up alarm clock at just about any store instead of having to go online for one--and every one you buy is shittier and breaks faster than the last one? Did we just somehow forget how to make a clock? Why did Briggs & Stratton, Disney, and Boeing go from being best in class to worthless garbage?