Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I actually wasn't a huge fan of Garth back in the day, but he's grown on me. And he does a cool cover of "Hard Luck Woman" by KISS.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Kitty O.

CaptainWacky

They think Muslims invented shoes, probably.

CaptainWacky

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The downside of knowing how to cook is knowing what's in delicious things you like to eat. After getting to an unhealthy 175#+ and failing to get it under control with just increased exercise, I've been modifying my diet. This was complicated by having an old friend visit Friday night and Saturday. Because his teenage daughter was being sulky and refusing to come out of one of the guest bedrooms, he wound up ordering delivery. Night before we'd already had diet unfriendly 1/2# burgers with fries and mussels and seafood sliders with chips, which did not do my diet any favors. But for lunch the next day on top of the entrees he got a couple appetizers--some kind of onion fries plate and an order of wings. Hooray breading and frying! When they left, he left the about 2/3 of a burger the daughter had decided she hadn't wanted the night before along with the largely untouched appetizers (and a half dozen little corn bread cakes). Well I decided to make myself feel better about the fried chicken wings by adding Buffalo sauce to them. Since I couldn't figure out what was in Buffalo sauce to thicken it and make it bind to the fried chicken, I looked it up. Butter. A half stick of butter. So yeah. Now I realize that if I eat Buffalo wings, I'm eating breaded chicken that has been fried in grease and then coated with a butter sauce. This is almost as depressing as when I found out how many calories were in ice cream and sausage.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
73cfae593467f951342db0b36e42a9e6.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The downside of knowing how to cook is knowing what's in delicious things you like to eat. After getting to an unhealthy 175#+ and failing to get it under control with just increased exercise, I've been modifying my diet. This was complicated by having an old friend visit Friday night and Saturday. Because his teenage daughter was being sulky and refusing to come out of one of the guest bedrooms, he wound up ordering delivery. Night before we'd already had diet unfriendly 1/2# burgers with fries and mussels and seafood sliders with chips, which did not do my diet any favors. But for lunch the next day on top of the entrees he got a couple appetizers--some kind of onion fries plate and an order of wings. Hooray breading and frying! When they left, he left the about 2/3 of a burger the daughter had decided she hadn't wanted the night before along with the largely I remuntouched appetizers (and a half dozen little corn bread cakes). Well I decided to make myself feel better about the fried chicken wings by adding Buffalo sauce to them. Since I couldn't figure out what was in Buffalo sauce to thicken it and make it bind to the fried chicken, I looked it up. Butter. A half stick of butter. So yeah. Now I realize that if I eat Buffalo wings, I'm eating breaded chicken that has been fried in grease and then coated with a butter sauce. This is almost as depressing as when I found out how many calories were in ice cream and sausage.
After enjoying it for decades, I remember watching my sister make cole slaw from scratch several years ago. I was shocked when I saw her dump a ton of sugar into the mix. All this time I thought it was a healthy side...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
An indoor-outdoor cat is a mentally tiring thing. He wanted to go out this morning. While I was in the "reading room," I heard an altercation outside and The Dog was very agitated. Let her out as quick as I could and she took off like a shot, eventually coming back. No sign of my cat anywhere but white and grey fur on the back deck. The noise didn't really sound like a cat fight but the fur looks more like cat fur than rabbit fur. Still, no blood. And my cat is black, not grey and white, so all I can do is hope for the best and wait for him to show up.

He's back. Dog just went nuts and when I went to let her out, he was waiting at the door to come in. Looks unscathed.

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
I am handling stress by buying Lego sets, the cost is quite stressful though, it's a vicious circle.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm kind of like a Smurf. Only I'm big. And not blue. And every other word starts with an "F" not an "S".

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just making progress on my battle with belly fat when a friend comes to visit and leaves behind an assortment of leftover restaurant hamburgers and fried food. Manage to get through that and settling down to get back on track when my neighbor texts me she won a German chocolate cake at a raffle and asks if I want a slice. (Of course I have no one to blame but myself for my failure to limit myself to 2 drinks a night of late.)