Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Mirah

I love you
I can't remember the name of my favorite comedian.

The only way to recall is to go to my mom's house, look through the VCR tapes, find a VCR player and look for the comedians i recorded way back when.

Mirah

I love you
Its not even someone in the top 100, probably not the funniest, just one of my influencers that I can't even remember who it is now.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I have an A-Team van. Given my age and hair color, it seemed right to work up a Hannibal Smith cosplay. Interestingly, Hannibal's catchphrase was "I love it when a plan comes together!" Even when said sarcastically because the plan has gone horribly sideways. Which meshes perfectly with my own independently developed catchphrase of "Well, that worked exactly the way I fucking planned it." Although mine is more something Charlie Brown would say.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
There are several A-Team vans about in the city where I live.

My fave was somebody painted up a Chevy Astro Van (or something similar).

The Question

Eternal
You know that water in the toilet?

Don't drink that water.

People shit in that water.

(It's me. I'm 'people'.)

MODMAN

In Star Trek III when the USS Grissom went out in a ball of fire much like its namesake... I wonder what the Grissom family thought about that if or when they saw it.

(Sorry. just realized that 38 years later)

I believe they reused that ball of fire for the shot of the ENT-D's warp core exploding in Generations.

Generations also reused the Klingon bird of prey going boom from The Undiscovered Country.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There are several A-Team vans about in the city where I live.

My fave was somebody painted up a Chevy Astro Van (or something similar).
Mine is one of the better ones out there, if I say so myself. And if/when I have time/money, it will certainly be the best. Very few of the replicas have the right side mirrors like mine does and none have the right external sun visor. I tracked one down this spring but haven't had time to put it on yet. After that I need a taller whip antenna, and maybe slightly bigger fog lights. Oh, and it has the newer style taillights and lacks the sunroof. The taillights would be kind of stupid to track down because they had chrome bezels but they painted over the chrome to make it less noticeable. And it would be a pain in the butt to put in the sunroof--there's wiring running through that area. Be nice to have a professional body shop do the body and paint, but the quotes I got for that didn't impress me and were equal to the entire rest of the budget. And right now priority would be fixing practical things--like swapping out the 4.3L V6 with the 350cid V8 and getting everything on the instrument cluster working reliably.
full

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've even got the proper sticker on the rear window. That was a headache to track down. Kentucky doesn't have front license plates, so I've got a replica plate on the front. That said, they used a number of vans for the series--even "hero" vans and they had different plates. This plate--the most well known one--is from the original, first season van, which had a gloss finish and a red GMC logo on the grille (and a red GMC sticker on the back door). Later they blacked out the logos (I figure to make it easier for when they used junker stunt vans) and the van got a satin finish. The van with the window sticker had a different plate than mine has and it was satin finish instead of gloss. And of course mine doesn't have the red GMC logos.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Mine is one of the better ones out there, if I say so myself. And if/when I have time/money, it will certainly be the best. Very few of the replicas have the right side mirrors like mine does and none have the right external sun visor. I tracked one down this spring but haven't had time to put it on yet. After that I need a taller whip antenna, and maybe slightly bigger fog lights. Oh, and it has the newer style taillights and lacks the sunroof. The taillights would be kind of stupid to track down because they had chrome bezels but they painted over the chrome to make it less noticeable. And it would be a pain in the butt to put in the sunroof--there's wiring running through that area. Be nice to have a professional body shop do the body and paint, but the quotes I got for that didn't impress me and were equal to the entire rest of the budget. And right now priority would be fixing practical things--like swapping out the 4.3L V6 with the 350cid V8 and getting everything on the instrument cluster working reliably.
full
Nice!

USUC

Trollzilla
Me too, I woke up with the thought that a burglar might steal my drills then try and sell them back to me. Then while I was meeting him his mate would nick more stuff knowing I was out.
That’s much more interesting than what I experienced. I woke up with the thought “why the fuck am I awake”? I couldn’t shake it.
I’m in my pjs already. :) Despite my fatigue I did a lot today. I’m hoping it all adds up to good sleep tonight.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I believe they reused that ball of fire for the shot of the ENT-D's warp core exploding in Generations.

Generations also reused the Klingon bird of prey going boom from The Undiscovered Country.
Pretty sure I read something about that years ago about the Ent-D drive section explosion being blended with the Grissom boom in ST:3. I see it when I watch it now but didn't notice it when I saw Generations in the theater. The BoP explosion was a direct lift from ST:6 and that was noticed immediately.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There's also a clip of Lhursa & Betor's Klingon ship turning and cloaking that was taken from an earlier movie, or possibly a TV episode.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Also they just cosmetically altered Leonard Nimoy's ears so they were pointy all the time and they didn't have to buy him new fake ears for every movie.