Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Could be mistaken for a paedo.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The red on my neck got worse so went to pharmacy, they sold me some creme over the counter but said I should go to doctors.

Doctors has half their staff off with covid so not seeing anyone, so I went to a walk in center waited 4 hours to get seen, then was recommended to use the same cream the pharmacy already sold me.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
As good a place as any to put this: DABL has started showing reruns of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Specifically the later seasons, where they tear down the house and build a new house. It is such a terrible, terrible idea: "Hey guys! Here's a family that has been unable to manage and maintain a reasonably sized, basic, affordable house to the point that it should be condemned. So! Let's cart them off to Disneyworld while we tear down their house and build a huge expensive monstrosity with intensely personal themed rooms. What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?"

I'm tempted to research how that turned out (hint, probably about as well as major sponsor Sears has turned out) but I really don't want to know. I don't want to hear about how, within 3 years 97% of these families either lost their new home or let it go to shit.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
As good a place as any to put this: DABL has started showing reruns of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Specifically the later seasons, where they tear down the house and build a new house. It is such a terrible, terrible idea: "Hey guys! Here's a family that has been unable to manage and maintain a reasonably sized, basic, affordable house to the point that it should be condemned. So! Let's cart them off to Disneyworld while we tear down their house and build a huge expensive monstrosity with intensely personal themed rooms. What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?"

I'm tempted to research how that turned out (hint, probably about as well as major sponsor Sears has turned out) but I really don't want to know. I don't want to hear about how, within 3 years 97% of these families either lost their new home or let it go to shit.
The higher property taxes based on the new apparised value of the home is probably what does them all in. If they were smart, they would put the house on the market the minute after the camera crews drive away.

It's like someone who lives in a studio apartment winning a ton of luxury prizes on The Price Is Right: rooms full of furniture, hot tubs, cars, boats -- all of which they have to pay taxes on before they can take delivery (and which they can't keep for the most part, so they have to pay for storage). And the prizes come from California and the contestants usually live somewhere else in the country, so they could get double-whammy'd. That's why if I ever go on a game show, I would only go on the ones that offer cash prizes only. The govt takes their cut of your winnings, and you keep the rest with no mess.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The higher property taxes based on the new apparised value of the home is probably what does them all in. If they were smart, they would put the house on the market the minute after the camera crews drive away.

It's like someone who lives in a studio apartment winning a ton of luxury prizes on The Price Is Right: rooms full of furniture, hot tubs, cars, boats -- all of which they have to pay taxes on before they can take delivery (and which they can't keep for the most part, so they have to pay for storage). And the prizes come from California and the contestants usually live somewhere else in the country, so they could get double-whammy'd. That's why if I ever go on a game show, I would only go on the ones that offer cash prizes only. The govt takes their cut of your winnings, and you keep the rest with no mess.
The tipoff for me is usually electrical cover plates. They do the heartwarming videotape viewing on the bus at the start of the episode: "Brad and Janet quit the corporate world to open a charity for their community, but their house is falling apart..." [cut to assorted photos of a rundown badly maintained house with at least one electrical switch/outlet missing a cover plate] If you can't even manage to have cover plates on your electrical wiring, it's crazy to give you a 3 story 5 bedroom 3 bath house with a fireplace and all the other stuff. Because even if the taxes don't get you, within a year the place will be falling apart because you don't have the resources go buy and replace a goddamn 79 cent switch plate.