All Things SNL

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The 10PM "classic" episode was Jimmy Fallon & Michael Buble from 7 years ago.

The 11:30PM rerun was Seth Meyers & Paul Simon from earlier this season.

Mirah

I love you
So Paul Shaffer was on SNL, that is a trip.
Also, before Chevy Chase does his weekend update he is almost always on the phone-and saying something like, "I like it when you use your nails" and "The purpose of those beads is....." and then something about teeth. Oh My! LOL

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Wait another season or two --- Shaffer doesn't just play piano in the band, he starts appearing in sketches too!

Mirah

I love you
Yeah I saw a couple sketches already as I did some research. One pretty bad Thanksgiving sketch. I was going to post it but decided against it. :D

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
James was a real trooper, even though they gave him a cheap bunch of skits that basically made fun of Scottish accents. They did the same thing to Saoirse Ronan when she hosted (in Irish).

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah Kate's accent is terrible there but James is just doing an exaggerated version of his natural accent so it's good. Whole sketch goes on way too long and haven't we moved on from the days of Fat Bastard!?

Love Child

One Love
So....I am watching season 40 and one of season 41, like just before tRumP became PrEsidenT and I was like, "Wow, it was a different world back then" and then I started singing "Its a different wooooeerrorld" when Denise was going off to college on the Cosby show.
Oh.
So now I probably have to go all the way back to the 80's to watch SNL.

Anyway.
IT IS REALLY INTERESTING to watch pre Russian President SNL.

(Also-side note, I was watching a show before I went to live in the mountains and wondering why I didn't remember watching it and then I remember that guy coming over to watch SNL with me because that would be so cool, and we never watched the show because other things and I was like, "I really wanted to watch SNL." I'm a terrible date.

Love Child

One Love
I finally saw the show called "Scared Straight" I never knew how on point SNL was. And I didn't even know it was a show with 8 seasons.

Mirah

I love you
I meant to come here and write about the most recent SNL's but I, I, I, I will post this instead:

Mirah

I love you
I don't know why
I just did
I wanted to see what would happen
Where would it land when I got home?

So I left it on the current season of SNL on HULU and then came back to some obscure current but not current SNL and I can't figure out which episode I'm on. I am in an alternate reality please don't send help. I will be okay. But if I end up on an episode of SNL I'm going to be really happy!
Should I post this in the SNL thread? I think so.

I mean, I think there should be a game show where I am the contestent, along with others, and they just play a piece from Weekend update and we try to guess what era or year or date it is from.
Like right now, I think I am in January or November and I don't know HOW IT HAPPENED!

Mirah

I love you
Well apparently I am in May of 2018 because the closing credits just said, "Thank you to Stormy Daniels, Ben Stiller, Martin Short, Jimmy Fallon, Alec Baldwin, Scarlett Johanson,
OH MY GOSH
And
Gosh I love Jimmy Fallon
He is so cute