COVID-19 check in thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
We went through that yesterday. Felt like Christmas unpacking all the groceries though.

Still no TP anywhere.

The Question

Eternal
I picked up plastic bowls (for chili at some point in future) a fifth of Glenmorangie and a liter of club soda (Aye, Am laynt uptee a bet o' dee drenken!), a couple boxes of those weird new kind of instant coffee pouch things where you tear it open, pour it into the mug and stir it. And since there was no TP and I'm half done with my last roll, I had to settle on supplies for a workaround:

Kleenex and Ziploc bags to dispose of them in so's not to fuck up the plumbing by flushin' 'em. It's neither an elegant solution nor one I'm confident won't get, uh... messy if I don't handle my business with precision. But oh fuckin' well, we're all supposed to be washing our hands more often anyway, right? Might as well have Yet Another Reason.

The Question

Eternal
Latest global numbers according to Gab News:

Coronavirus Global Updates

Confirmed Cases: 803,650

Total Recovered: 172,772

Total Deaths: 39,033​

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I'm fortunate to be married to a woman who purchases toilet paper practically by the tractor trailer load on a regular basis, so... anyone wanna buy some TP? $10 a roll plus shipping. Never been used...

jack

Looks like we're still on the curve numbers wise. As far as TP goes I have about a dozen rolls left. Still nothing in the stores.

The Question

Eternal
I'm down to half of the last roll from a 12-pack I bought last October. But if the scarcity keeps up, those Kleenexes will be getting an audition in about a week.

The Question

Eternal
I'm fortunate to be married to a woman who purchases toilet paper practically by the tractor trailer load on a regular basis, so... anyone wanna buy some TP? $10 a roll plus shipping. Never been used...

If the predictions about the inflationary effects of the stimulus prove out, you may as well pack your wallet full of squares of toilet paper -- it'll be our new currency.

The Question

Eternal
At the same time -- without that stimulus, our national economy is pretty close to Fucking Finished. Everything shuts down unless and until there is a 100% economic reset.

As an aside: I don't think it's even remotely out of line for me to say here and now that nobody owes China one fucking dollar, pound, kroner, shekel, etc from here on out. Nobody owes the CCP shit after this, except maybe it be paid in bombs and bullets. Fuck those assholes.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Grocery shopping isn't too bad here. I've been able to buy everything I wanted except toilet paper.

Workaround: Napkins and 6 rolls of paper towels. Soon. 2.5 rolls of TP left.

Chuckles51

I fortunately had bought a 12 double roll pack before the t.p. drought started and I haven't dipped into that yet, so hopefully things will back to normal before I run out.

jack

Im more concerned about my pot smoking, considering I'm also type II. So I made a potent THC tincture and am doing edibles instead. Giving up smoke (sigh) for the pandemic. Nothing like ham and THC eggs.

This tincture rocks though. I didnt like edibles because it lasted too long. Guess I'll have to adjust to being stoned all day :bigass:

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Im more concerned about my pot smoking, considering I'm also type II. So I made a potent THC tincture and am doing edibles instead. Giving up smoke (sigh) for the pandemic. Nothing like ham and THC eggs.

This tincture rocks though. I didnt like edibles because it lasted too long. Guess I'll have to adjust to being stoned all day :bigass:

I sometimes suspected you were high based on some of your posts.

Mirah

I love you
I got my oil changed yesterday and din't wait in the lobby, so I walked to the store, did some shopping and waited on a bench near where the carts are stored. I was so paranoid millions of germs were falling on me. The nice thing is the shop brought my car to me, gloves on hands and sanitized and then I sanitized before I got in.
What a fucking racket!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Off work now until April 16th. They just announced our paychecks due tomorrow might be delayed until the NY state budget is approved. Staying inside except to grocery shop, check mail and start my car and drive it around the block for a few minutes each day so I don't have trouble starting it like last weekend.

jack

That reminds me/....I haven's started my car since the Confinement....(adds to todo list)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
That reminds me/....I haven's started my car since the Confinement....(adds to todo list)
Hope your car starts. I hadn't started mine in about a week and thought the engine was dead because it wouldn't turn over. I need to add do laundry to my to do list. Not a high priority since I'm not going anywhere for another 2 weeks, but needs to be done before clothes start stinking. Only a little under 2 weeks overdue. Dishes and the apartment need to be cleaned again sometime soon also. Got tons of time and no visitors so it's more of a to do before I return to work list.