COVID-19 check in thread

Mirah

I love you
Been on the spin bike 40 minutes last 2 days. Caught up on Walking Dead. Just took a shower and am about to put one hell of a buzz on.

Looks like this isolation thing is going to be more than two weeks. Looks like our area has been getting good deliveries, so we've been keeping up with stock with everything fortunately. If we can just keep the out of staters the fuck away we can flatten the curve, but they seem to be eyeing us as though they have a right to come in our area and clean out our stores because it's too tight quarters where they currently are. Imagine driving 4 hours from Boston because you know the stores will have stuff for you to hoard? Don't know how that's going to evolve, but it already is making things difficult.

Or 3 1/2 hours from Seattle, the epicenter, to this little lake community where there is only 1 case thus far. There are several people who live in Seattle and have 2nd homes over here. Some have come over already-they usually do in the spring/summer. And some have tried to stay in the resorts, but they are closing down. Boo Hoo!
I can see how easily I become area-ist as in "Don't bring the disease over here!"
I was supposed to go to Seattle next weekend and not one person (actually only 1) has said it was a good idea. No one wants me to go over there and bring something back-that is pretty much the word.
So I stay.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Are they doing more testing there?

The only people I know of who are being tested here are medical personnel (but not enough of them) and the rich who can pay for it themselves. Testing of the ill is only happening to those who are hospitalised afaik.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I avoided all news about the apocalypse, and spent the day planting my garden. Now I'm too tired to worry about the end of the world and at least I will have peas, squash, and cucumbers.

Mirah

I love you
Yay!

Turns out, maybe I am not being "area-ist" at all. And maybe it is smart to ask Seattle people not to visit this area if they can avoid it. We are a very small town-with a very limited resource hospital. Having the Corona Virus here in this town would be terrible. Most would have to go to the next towns over-and it would just not be pretty.
The person(29) who has it in Leavenworth wrote an article in a Ski Magazine about this trip and all the places he visited and could have exposed. : (
Also people are asking him how he got tested, like they were doubting or just wondering??

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It's been surprising how difficult it is to get really solid information on the actual severity of this situation. I guess that lends itself to the reality that none of us really know how bad things can get. It does seem that left unchecked and without the extreme "social distancing" measures that have been implemented that it would be a way bigger disaster than it already is.

This isn't going to go away quickly though, that much is clear.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The idea that the first person ill in the house gets better before the next one gets ill is a nice theory, but doesn't always happen in practice.

Had a food parcel from the sister in law so we're not going to starve, but the kitchen feels further away every time I go in it.

What I have is mild compared to my wife, but looking after her while I get worse isn't getting any easier, especially with a kid who thinks more food in the house means he can eat more than his share.
Today the shops in town opened an hout early for workers in the NHS like me and my wife, we couldn't go anyway, but the stores where rammed shoulder to shoulder with people taking everything, I doubt any were nhs workers, I would hope they knew better than to crowd together like that.
The next door neighbours are having people over and it feels like noone is taking this seriously.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
The idea that the first person ill in the house gets better before the next one gets ill is a nice theory, but doesn't always happen in practice.

Had a food parcel from the sister in law so we're not going to starve, but the kitchen feels further away every time I go in it.

What I have is mild compared to my wife, but looking after her while I get worse isn't getting any easier, especially with a kid who thinks more food in the house means he can eat more than his share.
Today the shops in town opened an hout early for workers in the NHS like me and my wife, we couldn't go anyway, but the stores where rammed shoulder to shoulder with people taking everything, I doubt any were nhs workers, I would hope they knew better than to crowd together like that.
The next door neighbours are having people over and it feels like noone is taking this seriously.

Please be safe, dude. Hope everything will turn out well in the long haul.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
From tomorrow the entire country is on enforced lockdown. Anyone wandering about will get fined. You have to send an SMS with your address and intended location (restricted to ATM's and supermarkets) and carry ID at all times if you leave the house.

This is intended to go on until at least April 4th.

Shit is crazy.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wish there was something I could do to help you, whisky.