Star Trek: Picard

whisky

Boobie inspector
So they pissed on my favourite bit of the first episode when the old man who can't climb up stairs, not only meets starfleet levels of physical fitness, but exceeds them.

Did they fuck over their own continuity in just two episodes to make a snide comment on Trumps predisinal medical?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
No.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I'd like to also say that it's a nice thing to actually get a peek into Romulan culture. They've always been enigmatic and evil for some reason, and TNG never did their culture any favors either with the plastic haircuts and the shoulder pads. I think we have a few factions of that going on here and it's pretty fascinating to explore their culture for a change, all of it, not just the military.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Miles O'Brien got drunk at a Romulan bachelorette party and they extracted his seed.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
So they pissed on my favourite bit of the first episode when the old man who can't climb up stairs, not only meets starfleet levels of physical fitness, but exceeds them.

Did they fuck over their own continuity in just two episodes to make a snide comment on Trumps predisinal medical?

Didn't Picard call in a favor so he could pass the exam?

CaptainWacky

But just fine for a 94 year old, not fitter than a young person.

CaptainWacky

WaTcH It PrOpErLy.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It’s good so far. I’m not sure how much sense the overall plot will make in the end, but the individual details are well thought out and interesting. It’s great to be back in the TNG era, but like someone who’s been away from home for too long, we’ve got some catching up to do to find out who all the new people are and what’s the state of play.

CaptainWacky

WHEN ARE WE GETTING TO THE RIKER FACTORY.

CaptainWacky

Probably the weakest episode as the introductions to Raffi and Rio both felt really forced and unnatural. You don't have to squeeze every character qurk and bit of backstory ("I SAW MY CAPTAIN'S BRAINS ON THE BULKHEAD!!!") into their first episode! And yeah not really sure about Raffi's actress either.

I liked the EMH and that Vasquez Rocks was actually Vasquez Rocks for once.

The scene with Picard's Romulan pals was much better...which just makes me wish they were going with him instead.

The stuff on the Cube with Hugh was pretty good. Are the Romulan brother and sister into incest? Because I'm here for it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
All the emergency holograms are hot now!

I'm glad they're finally getting off earth and into space.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst I enjoyed last weeks episode there were quite a few things that rubbed me the wrong way. There were a few in this weeks episode as well (vape pens, smoking in general, Raybans on Romulans) but less overall.

Was great to see Hugh and we learn a bit about why they have a cube disconnected from the collective although not how. Still, nothing compelling to indicate why the Romulans are working with other races which seems wildly out of character. This is such a glaring issue though I'm sure there will be a good reason for it so it's not too bothersome.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the exterior design of Rios' ship but maybe it will grow on me. Also, Rios is just a bit too cookiecutter suave and broody right off the bat. Tone it down just a tad.

This series is definitely a slow burn which is fine, especially in comparison to the breakneck mess that is Discovery (of which this is leagues better than so far) but with only 10 episodes in the season I'm glad we're finally underway. It also does highlight just how much the trailers gave away. There is still tons of stuff we haven't seen from them yet. I get from a marketing perspective this is a double-edged sword but waiting for people/battles/locations to show up takes you out of it a bit.

I'm also disappointed that Zhaban and Laris are not going with him on the ship.

I did like that we find out that Romulans with forehead ridges come from the "North"

This came to mind straight away:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was so distracted by the storm that was heading my way that I didn't even see Hugh. Maybe I should watch it again :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

Hugh was the director of the Borg Cube. He had several dialogue scenes with Soji that would have been impossible to miss SO THAT STORM MUST HAVE BEEN PRETTY BAD.

...Raybans on Romulans...

Vulcan. Which makes even less sense since the Vulcan sun is brighter than Earth's sun and they have that special inner eyelid to provide extra protection!

Still, nothing compelling to indicate why the Romulans are working with other races which seems wildly out of character. This is such a glaring issue though I'm sure there will be a good reason for it so it's not too bothersome.

Billions of them died when their sun went supernova so they need help to embark on major enterprises like this?