Star Trek: Picard

whisky

Boobie inspector
Maybe the sunglasses are a clue that she isn't a real vulcan?

Was the EMH and the captain the same actor?

If not, the choice of hiring two tall thin guys with salt and pepper beards was an odd choice.

Really wish the show would pick up the pace, the first three episodes combined are longer than star trek the motion picture, and even less has happened, do we really need a two minute zoom through the borg cube every time the episode features it?

I think the starship really wants to be the one from interstellar.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What would be the point of making Oh a secreet Romulan when she's already working with another secret Romulan and we already know she's evil? "Surprise! This character, who you already knew was a villain, is a villain!"

Yes Santiago Cabrera played Rios, the EMH and the Emergency Navigational Hologram. For some reason one of the holograms was Irish and one was English.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Kurtzman has confirmed that she's a Romulan. Everyone needs to watch The Ready Room with Wil Wheaton!

When talking about the end of “Maps and Legends” the host referred to Oh as a Vulcan, Kurtzman was quick to correct that saying:
The first thing I will do is correct something which is that is they are not actually Vulcan’s and Romulans, they’re ALL Romulans

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You can watch the full episodes here: They're good!

The Kurtzman spoiler about Oh isn't from the Ready Room on second check (my brain doesn't work well anymore.) It was from this podcast (which is also well worth a listen):

It brings up its own set of problems really. It's kind of amazing that a Romulan operative masquerading as a Vulcan has reached the rank of Commodore within Starfleet. Making it all the way through as a low-level officer is one thing but infiltrating to that rank is harder to handwave away.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Like Remick? Didn't he have a vulcan admiral with a worm in him too?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG THAT WAS HUGH?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Hugh is hot.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I still don't get where the critics of this show are coming from. I tend to stay away from it but they're all like "The Federation is supposed to be perfect, nobody drinks or does drugs or smokes or has conflict or money or anything else because it's a Utopia!" Really? Settle down. REALLY. SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

So far I'm really enjoying it, especially for the peek into Romulan culture we never got before. The cast is great, the writing is mostly on point and the story seems to be going in an interesting direction. Jeez, at least wait until the whole season plays out before you start shitting on it.

Also, I'm not really a fan of action scenes too much but that fight at Chateau Picard sans music was almost pitch perfect.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well I still don't see the point of her being a SECRET ROMULAN (and spoiling the reveal on some podcast.) There's no reason a Vulcan couldn't be up to some shady robo-racist shit.

Gene's vision:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I wonder if he ever did reach The Island Of Naked Women.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Well I still don't see the point of her being a SECRET ROMULAN (and spoiling the reveal on some podcast.) There's no reason a Vulcan couldn't be up to some shady robo-racist shit.

If that's the case and we don't know that for sure, I was really more concerned about her being from the fucking Mirror Universe. That's what the sunglasses said to me, but maybe we were supposed to think that.