Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Solving mysteries was just a front for Scoobs and The Gang, as they traveled around the country, selling weed.

The Question

Eternal
For her 65th birthday, Miley Cyrus had herself shat out of a giant animatronic Great Dane's butthole in front of a live audience. Criminal charges were filed.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The song "Browneyed Girl" is about buttsecks.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

whisky

Boobie inspector
Watching Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom, forgot how much brownface was in this, could they not have found a few more Indian actors and stuntmen?

The Question

Eternal
Watching Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom, forgot how much brownface was in this, could they not have found a few more Indian actors and stuntmen?
1. Evidently not, or they would have.
2. Who even fucking cares? What's next, are people gonna start bellyaching that they hired Harrison Ford to play Indiana Jones instead of an actual archaeologist? It's not a fucking documentary.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
1. Evidently not, or they would have.
That's assuming it occurred to them, instead of falling on the antiquated trope of putting white actors in brownface for comic effect.

It would occur to them now, but it didn't then. They evolved. People evolve. Societies evolve. Some get dragged kicking and screaming through evolution, but it's not going to stop for them. Time moves forward.

The Question

Eternal
That's assuming it occurred to them, instead of falling on the antiquated trope of putting white actors in brownface for comic effect.
I'm all but certain that the Indiana Jones films were a redux of the adventure serials of the early days of film, not Mel Brooks style comedies.
It would occur to them now, but it didn't then. They evolved. People evolve. Societies evolve. Some get dragged kicking and screaming through evolution, but it's not going to stop for them. Time moves forward.
Not all change is necessary or beneficial just because it's change.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm all but certain that the Indiana Jones films were a redux of the adventure serials of the early days of film, not Mel Brooks style comedies.

Ah, but then wouldn't it also have made sense to have them in brownface to match the style of the adventure serials? It's like the old Tarzan movies, where they have tigers and Indian elephants in Aftrica.

Also, the title of Led Zeppelin's "In Through the Out Door" album was a reference to teh buttsecks.

The Question

Eternal
Ah, but then wouldn't it also have made sense to have them in brownface to match the style of the adventure serials?
Hm. Well, that's a fair point. Just seems like a pretty flimsy thing for anybody to bitch about. "That wasn't a REAL dot-head!"

Fuckin' so? Those people have their hands full running convenience stores, cheap hotels, tech support call centers, and auto warranty scams. You can't expect them to do everything. Sheesh.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Did you know Short Round wasn't played by Garrett Wang.

The Question

Eternal
#LittleKnownFact: Short Round was played by a tumor removed from Bea Arthur's Adam's apple.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

USUC

Trollzilla
This happened a few years ago but it makes me laugh every time I think about it (or shop in the area).
101 is a highway that generally runs north/south through California. One day I called Pottery Barn and asked the clerk if the store was on the west or east side of 101. In California, west of 101 means on the ocean side while east means…the rest of the country.
Her response…”depends on which way you’re coming from”.
:hmmm::) Yeah, no it doesn’t.
Lol, I visited that store today on the west side of 101 and was reminded.

USUC

Trollzilla
My close friend’s dad is committing medically assisted suicide tonight.

Yay?

I’m all for right to die laws and choice but it doesn’t make it any less sad when someone says “fuck this, I’d rather die”. Things have to be pretty horrible I guess when that looks like the best choice.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interesting points.
1) Lived in Hawai'i for about 2 years. There it's mauka/makai. And/or windward/leeward. Mauka is inland--towards the mountains. Makai is towards the ocean. Windward is North and/or East. Wetter. Greener. The Road to Hana. Leeward is sunny and dry. Waikiki. Diamond Head.
2) I'll probably never do it myself, but I'm definitely at the age where I get Earnest Hemingway and Hunter S. Thompson. I understand that moment when you wake up and say "Well, shit. I've done everything great that I'll ever do. It's all downhill from here. Time to go out with a bang.
2a) In retrospect, when my Dad was dying of cancer, he was trying to end it with a morphine overdose. And the hospice people really didn't care. But I was a good OCD of German heritage, so if someone tells you how much morphine a person can take and gives you a log to track it--even if they literally say "it isn't a big deal if the log isn't completely accurate," you do what you were told, not what the wink and a nudge were about.