Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

NBC Boss Bob Greenblatt: No End Date Set For ‘The Office’, Community’ Or ’30 Rock’

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Sunday May 13, 2012 @ 12:49pm PDT

When writers deals were made for 30 Rock for next fall, they were were made with the presumption that the upcoming 13-episode seventh season will be the Emmy-winning comedy’s swan song.

But during today’s NBC conference call the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt said that there no decision has been made to end 30 Rock, The Office or Community after the upcoming season. “We haven’t definitively said that on anything yet,” he said.

Like 30 Rock, Community was picked up for 13 episodes and is being moved to the Friday 8 PM slot where NBC sent Chuck for its final 13-episode season last fall. The Office was renewed for 22 episodes.

Asked whether Community creator Dan Harmon will return as showrunner next season, Greenblatt said, “I expect his voice to be part of it,” adding that it is still unclear if that will be in his current role or as a consultant. Greenblatt dismissed the notion that the discussion about Harmon possibly stepping down from day-to-day oversight of the show stems from his ongoing feud with co-star Chevy Chase, saying that there are larger factors beyond that.

Community's Joel McHale: 'I Literally Am Praying' That Dan Harmon Stays on As Showrunner

by Matt Webb Mitovich - May 14, 2012 10:32 AM PDT

Joel McHale was on a plane when word broke that Community creator Dan Harmon might not be staying on as showrunner for Season 4. As such, when he disembarked, “My Twitter feed had about 500 ‘at’ (@) mentions” from followers curious about the unexpected wrinkle, he shares with TVLine. “I was like, ‘Oh, something must have happened.’ And it was that whole thing.”

Asked for a status report on Harmon’s possible exit – which the show boss has said has nothing to do with last month’s Chevy Chase brouhaha — McHale had nothing to report, but echoed the sentiment of many, deeming Harmon’s singular voice an impossible one to replace.

“Dan’s the creator of the show, so to lose his voice would be pretty crazy,” McHale said. “He gave me the role of a lifetime, so it would be a very weird scenario [to continue] without him.” (On Sunday afternoon, NBC boss Robert Greenblatt told TVLine of the situation, ”I think [Harmon] will be involved in the show to some degree.”)

“I pray that it works out well,” McHale said, looking to the future. “That sounds weird and vague, but I really do. I literally am praying.”

SHIRLEY CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!

Community's Joel McHale: 'I Literally Am Praying' That Dan Harmon Stays on As Showrunner

by Matt Webb Mitovich - May 14, 2012 10:32 AM PDT

Joel McHale was on a plane when word broke that Community creator Dan Harmon might not be staying on as showrunner for Season 4. As such, when he disembarked, “My Twitter feed had about 500 ‘at’ (@) mentions” from followers curious about the unexpected wrinkle, he shares with TVLine. “I was like, ‘Oh, something must have happened.’ And it was that whole thing.”

Asked for a status report on Harmon’s possible exit – which the show boss has said has nothing to do with last month’s Chevy Chase brouhaha — McHale had nothing to report, but echoed the sentiment of many, deeming Harmon’s singular voice an impossible one to replace.

“Dan’s the creator of the show, so to lose his voice would be pretty crazy,” McHale said. “He gave me the role of a lifetime, so it would be a very weird scenario [to continue] without him.” (On Sunday afternoon, NBC boss Robert Greenblatt told TVLine of the situation, ”I think [Harmon] will be involved in the show to some degree.”)

“I pray that it works out well,” McHale said, looking to the future. “That sounds weird and vague, but I really do. I literally am praying.”

SHIRLEY CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!

It's gonna be like In Plain Sight ALL OVER AGAIN :rwmad:

The move to Friday night is perfect for me, but I don't know if it's perfect for the show.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/17/community-gillian-jacobs-live-chat/

Proving that we absolutely don’t live in the darkest timeline, actress Gillian Jacobs is going to chat live with you on EW.com tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT during the last hour of the three-part Community season finale. For three hilarious seasons, Jacobs has played Britta Perry, who, contrary to the opinion of her peers at Greendale Community College, is far from the worst. Sure, Britta’s name has become a verb meaning “to make a small mistake,” her ex-boyfriend is a carney called Blade, and she puts a blue streak in her hair when times we get tough. But if you ask us, she’s the best. And Gillian’s going to take your questions about her psych-major alter ego’s adventures plus add her running commentary to the season-capping episodes “The First Chang Dynasty” and “Introduction to Finality.”

This is where the live chat will happen http://tvrecaps.ew.com/viewer/episode/?id=EP011541620070 (I think) I WON'T BE THERE, but maybe some of you might want to chat with BRITTA.

I thought all three episodes were great and helped pull a SLIGHTLY INCONSISTENT season up to another season of greatness!

First episode: I'll admit I had my doubts about this episode. The perview seemed cute but I wondered if it would be funny for twenty minutes. But it totally was. It wasn't just lots of references and parodies of video games, it was an actual story (a crazy one sure) told in the style of an 8 bit game. And it was funny. Like the bit with Annie killing the guy and Shirely covering for her (by killing his wife.) And the baby Abeds were cute. So this was totally better than my expectations and I loved it!

Second episode: Just a brilliant episode. Non-stop laughs from the cop saying he was working on a "cop opera" on. Paid off most of the seasons stories while parodying those crazy heist movies and being lots of fun! NO COMPLAINTS.

Third episode: Not as amazingly brilliant at the second as they perhaps had too many storylines going and they felt a bit rushed, but still great stuff! The Troy story appealed to me for its craziness (the Sun Box?) and Jeff's speech was a very good Jeff speech. Plus Evil Abed popping a little girl's balloon with a cigarette. Loved the "shape of things to come" style ending.

Also good use of the "hoo hoo" music and it's good to know Battleship is coming to theaters this Friday!

Also want to say things about Britta/Gillian Jacobs but suspect Tomtrek will want to say the exact same things and if I post them he might not post at all so I won't!

So is the black guy Leonard's room mate or his boyfriend?

I need to watch all three episodes again. I'm sure there were tons of little things I missed because I was looking at other little things.

Were they implying that Britta and Troy are moving into the bedroom/dreamatorium?