Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

Alison Brie singing with actual Draco Malfoy on guitar for some reason.

[YOUTUBE]AXnOgLik2mU[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe not as exciting as it sounds.

8677.imgcache.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm having wild mood swings but this episode wasn't totally terrible? I definitely found it more amusing than the previous four this season (while not up to first three season standards of course.)

I laughed at...

Kevin: What are you having?
Jeff: NONE OF THIS.

Everytime Troy disagreed with Annie then made that face into camera (and rolled his eyes in the opposite direction as she did.)

The trout guy was funny maybe?

Gillian Jacobs is just so brilliant as Britta that even her just sitting there reacting to things will make me smile.

"Censorship! This is the documentary!"

But yeah it was probably still bad and it's just that the cast made it better. Abed still feels flat. The twist at the end was annoying (though Chang going back for his phone was a reasonable joke.)

I also didn't think this episode was completely terrible. There were funny bits scattered about, and that made me happy. ALTHOUGH, I knew Jeff was right about Chang the whole time, so it would have been so much better if Chang had really turned out to be sincere. OR if someone had bashed him on the head, turning him back into Chang, AND MAKING BRITTA RIGHT for a change! IMO!

More Chang is what made it better. The show has been relying less on its back bench so far.

Did Jeff always make a heartfelt speech (sincere or not) at the end of every episode, or is that just this year?

He didn't always make a speech, just sometimes.

PERSONALLy, I'd be happy if Chang was never on the show again. Chang was only funny when he was Senor Chang.

It was quite funny, yes, but am I the only one who thought it was marred somewhat by Pierce BLACKING UP ONE OF HIS HANDS?!

I bet that hand "blackface" is what pissed Chevy off. Every scene Chevy has been in this season has been stupidly racist. We know Pierce is racist, but he was never this bad.

It just lacks any subtlety now. He used to make small innocent sounding comments with racist or sexist undertones. Now he's painting his hands black and yellow. Ugh.

I liked the Jeff and Pierce scenes, and it kinda pisses me off that they never let Pierce have some redemption, like they have everyone else. They even gave him a terribly racist line in this episode (a breast never touched by a white man's hand), and it wasn't even funny... but the rest of their scenes together were kind of nice.

Overall, I didn't think the episode was terrible, but once again they crammed too many story lines into one show. :rwmad:

Yeah, I didn't think it was too bad, but it did lack focus. The Jeff and Pierce stuff would've been better given more time and less bigotry (if the writers like prejudice so much why don't they gay marry it?! lolz). It was predictable that Jeff would end up enjoying himself, but having that turnaround after only sticking with the story for a couple of minutes total screentime meant it didn't feel like it was justified. And as a side effect we're now led to believe Jeff likes gay and black jokes.

The PEE story also wasn't terrible, but needed more time... or something. Trying to make us laugh at a gym teacher in short shorts came across as pretty desperate. How many comedies have done that before?

Anyway, the stuff I did like was the Dean's story. I got quite a few laughs from that, because you can't go wrong with Annie, Dean and Magnitude.

The anti German episode seems really cute and playful now I've seen pierce black up one hand and make references to National Geographic tits.