Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

We're only 7 minutes into the new episode, and I declare this show dead.

Death by meta malpractice.

Either the new writers are phoning it in, or I never liked this show all along and just never realized it. I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter.

I kind of hate that Britta makes a really valid point at gender roles at the start but it's just played off as "OH HO HO BRITTA'S OVERREACTING AGAIN".

At least next weeks looks goo-pah haahhaahha no really it looks terrible.

Oh so that ending actually was a preview of next week's and not a parody of "next time!" bits...I guess they think puppets will make more people watch (they won't.)

I can't remember anything that happened this week except there was a singer who I'd never heard of who everyone in the episode had heard of.

I thought it was pretty good.

I liked that Pierce's role was a nurturing one for a change (even in his misguided way) rather than saying he'd like Shirley more if she was white, or something. It was super predictable that he'd get the singer to come, though.

And no, I don't know who she is. Or the person the Dean's party was supposed to be about. But nice Dean von Tease outfit.

I liked the OTT and genuinely cute Zoe Deschanel/Mary Elizabeth Winstead girls. Both were well observed and it'd be nice if they featured again. Church girl was nice looking but that singing woman had more screentime.

The puppet episode... well I hope it has actual jokes and a plot and they don't just act like the visual comedy is going to do all the leg work without even explaining why everyone's a puppet.

I did appreciate that Pierce got a better storyline and the Abed stuff wasn't as bad as some Abed stuff this seaosn...but I can't get over how I'm not really laughing much or at all (Troy sending Abed a photo of himself in a false moustache was funny I guess.)

Brie Larson is good at looking different in different things.

[YOUTUBE]-jMruFHTwrY[/YOUTUBE]

OKAY, I finally watched Herstory of Dance.

This was my favorite episode this season. It wasn't OMG HILARIOUS, but it was good in the other way that I like Community, and that is when the characters are doing things for each other, and it focuses on their friendships.

Finally an episode where Pierce doesn't say something horribly racist! The email thing was pretty good, too.

Rachel is adorable, if the show isn't canceled I hope she comes back.

(I remember the songs Sophie B. Hawkins sang)

She wasn't in the season premiere of Mad Men, but she was in the last episode of Community SO THE COMMUNITY THREAD WINS.

Alison Brie for Wired Magazine

8927.imgcache.jpg

8928.imgcache.jpg

8929.imgcache.jpg

8930.imgcache.jpg

8931.imgcache.jpg

It's kind of weird seeing the cast and crew having so much fun making the show at the end, when literally nothing of that actually ended up on screen in this really really bland and contrived episode.

Also the irony in it being an episode about them trying new things when everything that this episode did was done better in the last two Christmas episodes.

They literally just thought "let's do a puppet episode!" then worked backwards from there to come up with a story. Why were they puppets in the flashbacks? Why were they singing? It was supposed to be the group telling the Dean what really happened. So they really all started singing toddler songs, went up in a ballon, did drugs with Jason "what happened to my career" Alexander and left Pierce in the woods?

So I guess this is when Chevy walked out and they had to force him at gunpoint to do voiceovers.

None of the secrets were funny or really shocking (and Annie's was just creepy) and I couldn't understand Troy's.

None of them could sing but Shirley and the balloon girl (who I'm guessing is a real singer.)

And yeah the behind the scenes bit looked more fun than the episode.

I thought it got better as it went along, but it has the to be the episode I've laughed the least at.

Them being puppets in the flashbacks confused me and the song lyrics were really badly written and I couldn't make out Troy's secret except that it sounded like an unlikely story of him burning down 50 acres of something that wouldn't have happened if this was season 1-3.

There were jokes here and there that were pretty funny, but over all I found the whole thing kind of depressing. Still got my fingers crossed for Jim Rash's episode.