Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

8970.imgcache.gif

'Community' Goes Interactive With Zeebox During Thursday's Christmas Episode

The NBC comedy gives viewers a chance to win prizes while watching live

Published: April 17, 2013 @ 4:41 pm
By Jethro Nededog

“Community” has been definitely pushing its “Watch ‘Community’ Live” campaign hard and now the NBC comedy’s fans have a chance to win prizes while helping to give the show a ratings bump.

The show has partnered with social entertainment app Zeebox for an interactive bingo game that viewers can play live while watching Thursday’s Christmas-themed episode (arriving a tad late since the show’s debut was pushed from October 2012 to last February).

Viewers can play “’Community’ Zeetag Bingo” during Thursday’s episode by first downloading the Zeebox app at zeebox.com to smartphones, tablets or laptops.

Then, fans can access a game board with nine expressions from the episode. When one hears the expression, the player has 10 seconds to mark the expression's square with the aim of getting three squares in a row before the episode ends.

But, win or lose, all you have to do is show up. Report your win or loss after the episode on Twitter with a hashtag that Zeebox will automatically provide to you.

Two winners will be chosen from the entries and will win a prize pack that includes 55” Sony internet television, Sony Xperia Tablet and Sony X headphones.

“Community” airs Thursdays at 8/7c on NBC.

[YOUTUBE]GsL7cbsnnAw[/YOUTUBE]

Holy crap that was the worst way to end an episode (and I'm not just talking about the "REMEMBER THIS GOOD THING FROM LAST YEAR? HERE IT IS AGAIN. BUT SHIT.) tag at the end.

It was literally "we need to finish the episode now so I guess I'll give you a C+ so the plot can stop". And then it got worse. And it wasn't that good before.

AND FUCK what they've done to Britta. Seriously. She used to be the person who claimed she supported causes because she felt she wasn't interesting enough, who eventually developed into someone who actually does support causes but tries a bit too hard. But now the joke is "Britta supports causes because she's dumb". I mean the joke in this episode was literally "Stupid Britta cares about women's rights WHAT A DUMBO" and then we're supposed to cheer for Troy as he walks away from his girlfriend when she's upset?

FUCK AHSHGHASSHH

I'm just watching the show until it's canceled. Can't even get worked up about bad episodes anymore :rwmad:

So was the ending supposed to set up some wild long story-arc about a war between opposing timelines?

I sure as fuck hope not. Although it would be more interesting than what they've been doing so far.

I'm ready for another paintball 2-parter at this point.

Yup. The only thing that really saved it was Malcolm McDowell, which is probably why he was in it. Shame, because using the predicament to teach them something about history might've worked really well if the writers had known something about history.

The Jim Rash episode was last night. I consciously tried not to give the ep more credit than it deserved for being written by him. I think it was a good effort, but obviously still missing the Dan Harmon magic. Jim Rash understands Community better than the new people, IMO, but the edges are still dull. OR WHATEVER I'M NOT GOOD AT SAYING THOSE THIGNS.

Britta and Troy's breakup was touching. I'm glad they ended it because it was always more fun when they were attracted to each other but didn't act on it. Also, the new Community didn't handle their relationship very well anyway. I thought Troy did a better job pretending to be Abed, than Abed did pretending to be Troy. The dean pretending to be Jeff, and Annie being attracted to him, was the "funniest" part of the episode.

I liked Britta and Troy hugging at the end.