Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

Yeah this episode was basically a list of "things that were one step from being overplayed being overplayed".

So, y'know, bad!

Well.... I went into expecting the worst, so I ended up not completely hating it. If that's the last episode ever then it was alright. I think this is the best they can do without Dan Harmon making them great. I won't be sad if it's canceled.

9194.imgcache.png

He gave it a "D" which was surprising as he's been overly generous this season (an "A-" for Intro To Felt Surrogacy, really?)

And like The Tomtrek I don't watch Community to see them ticking off a list of references to previous episodes. It just feels so sad. This wasn't an episode of Community, it was "remember how great Community used to be, please don't cancel us, please continue making tumblr gifs!" plea.

"We found a way to make paintball cool again." No, you really didn't.

Why did Jeff's dream feature a subplot for Abed?

Jeff's speech almost made me feel something but it was probably just memories of all the other speeches and the familiar music.

A Fifth Season of Community Is All But a Done Deal

By Josef Adalian - Today at 3:48 PM

Pop pop, y'all: NBC is very close to ordering a fifth season of Community, Hollywood insiders tell Vulture. NBC isn't commenting, and there's still discussion going on about the exact number of episodes (though it should be at least thirteen). But after the show's solid Nielsen performance last night — it tied American Idol among adults under 35 — NBC brass decided it made sense to return to Greendale for at least one more semester. It's not quite a done deal yet, but things are looking pretty darn good.
NBC just cancelled Matthew Perry's "Go On" a little while ago...the only shows left to be determined are "Community" and "The New Normal". Looks like we'll get another season of "Looks Like Community" after all...stay tuned, the announcement could be minutes away.

No details yet, but it will be back. Probably another short season that starts in January (or Feb, or March, or...)

I'd prefer it that way. If they have to write fewer scripts, they can concentrate on what's in them a little more. And maybe make some late night calls to Dan Harmon begging for advice.

I actually quite liked this week's one. At least at the end when it turned out it was all a dream. I mean normally that would be annoying and cheap, but in this case I was just relieved that the writers had enough sense left in them not to say that this was ACTUALLY happening.

The jokes were above average for the season, we got to see the actors doing something new and as I say, once we found out it was a dream, the story held together. It could've been a lot worse.

The only thing that really bugged me were all the heavy handed references. "SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE", yeah, okay, we saw it. Did it have to be in caps? In every fucking shot for the whole scene?

Interesting...

‘Community’ Is Coming Back, Will Dan Harmon Return Too?

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday May 10, 2013 @ 9:34pm PDT

In a repeat from last year, NBC’s perennial bubble comedy Community just snagged a 13-episode renewal. There have been some significant changes on the show over the past 12 months though. When NBC renewed the show last May, it still had creator Dan Harmon as showrunner and Chevy Chase as co-star. Immediately after the upfronts, Harmon was replaced with David Guarascio and Moses Port. Then in November, Chase too departed. The bitter feud between Chase and Harmon was a major factor in destabilizating of the show for a couple of seasons, leading to public outbursts and profane voice messages. Now that Chase is gone, emotions have cooled down and all sides involved have had time to reflect, there is speculation that Harmon may come back, especially if this turns out to be Community‘s final chapter. (I’d heard that, with the show’s future at NBC in limbo, there were a number of suitors clamoring to pick up Community for a final installment.) There are no deals in place but I hear there certainly is interest in bringing Harmon back in some capacity.
This makes sense to me...Chevy is gone, and Harmon would only have to put together 13 episodes so I doubt the network would get in his way much while he wrapped things up...MAKE IT SO!

I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I liked Evil Annie and her Boobs, and Britta with her goth lips, but I had a hard time understanding Hawking, I mean Troy.

Oh. Well in that case. Fingers crossed he will come back (does he have other projects ongoing?) and can restore the magic. It's wishful thinking, but seems quite plausible.

Doesn't necessarily mean episodes will be hilarious again, but there's a much better chance with him around.

Over the past year Harmon's been working on an animated show that Adult Swim just picked up:
Adult Swim Picks Up Dan Harmon’s Animated Comedy ‘Rick & Morty’ To Series

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday October 29, 2012 @ 8:16am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Community creator Dan Harmon is back on the air with a new series, this time on Adult Swim. The network has given a series order to Rick & Morty, a half-hour animated comedy from Harmon and Justin Roiland. The show, which will premiere in 2014, follows a genius inventor grandfather and his less-than-genius grandson, and the journeys in life they share. Rick & Morty was originally picked up to pilot in May when it was announced at Adult Swim’s upfront. In addition to Rick & Morty, Harmon has two live-action comedy projects in development at CBS and Fox.
Here's a pic -- looks very "Adult Swim" indeed:

When the best thing to say about an episode is "I'm glad it was all a dream" and "it could have been worse!" then you know you're dealing with seriously lowered expectations. :(

But of course now I'll get my hopes up about the possible return of Dan Harmon and gklasgklkahg.

And also this gives me seriously conflicted feelings about the renewal: https://vine.co/v/b0qxH1VA29m