Dear Laker_Girl

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Yeah, I swear gaining custody takes awhile. Yes pics please (both wedding and tattoos!!!!)

Not if you both agree to everything. My son lives with me, he needs to be raised by his Father, she agreed. Case closed.

Big Dick McGee

It's not the 1950's, kids don't automatically go to the mother. You can either both agree who the kid lives with, or you can prove that one parent's environment is more stable than the others. The judges actually do take the kid's best interest to heart when making a determination.

In my case, it wasn't a fight, the court wasn't involved, and it could certainly change based on future agreements, and I'm cool with that.

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
You got a much better deal than I did. Not because of the judge, because of the ex.

That's all I have to say.

Big Dick McGee

You got a much better deal than I did. Not because of the judge, because of the ex.

That's all I have to say.

Her life is crazy because she works long hours and has to travel throughout the state. So it makes sense that he lives with me. Plus, she agrees that boys need to be raised by men, or they stay boys. ANNND...I will give her credit that she knew I couldn't live without seeing him every day, it would be very depressing.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^^Uh dont' act like she's a fuckin' saint. She's selfish or she'd make it work and she didn't but I'm fine with that. He's a wonderful child and I am blessed to be his step-mommy...Even when I want to abandon him at my mom's house.

As for pictures, we go to the photographer on the 22nd and soon after that I'll have a picture of the three of us to post! I'd have one sooner if my sister-in-law would give me the pictures she has but she's busy.

Big Dick McGee

Don't feed the BOOHATS! lol

classichummus

on a break from forums
It's not the 1950's, kids don't automatically go to the mother. You can either both agree who the kid lives with, or you can prove that one parent's environment is more stable than the others. The judges actually do take the kid's best interest to heart when making a determination.

In my case, it wasn't a fight, the court wasn't involved, and it could certainly change based on future agreements, and I'm cool with that.

Where do you live? In my county in California it is a pain in the ass from what I hear.

Big Dick McGee

^^It's a pain in the ass if it gets contentious. IF you have to involve the family courts, it can be a nightmare. The problem is, once you involve the family courts, they're involved until the kid turns 18. So let's say the court gives custody to Mom, with visitation to Dad. Mom needs to travel for a month, so Dad has to take care of the kid. Well, even to do this you need court permission, or your technically in violation of the custody arrangement. It's fucking stupid.

We decided it'd be best for our son to agree, and we did. It's better for both of us; it gives us the flexibility to change things based on what we think is best. If we decide that my son lives with us during the school year, and we reverse custody/visitation during the summer, no big deal.

The key is agreeing on everything and NOT involving the family courts. IMHO, the family courts do more harm than good.

classichummus

on a break from forums
^yeah that does sound good. I guess the family court system sucks. My parents went through that over me and it was a mess. You are lucky you and your ex are able to work out an agreement!!!

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
No pics yet? It has been over a month. Besides, like there would not be family and friends with their own cameras.

Didn't happen.

It's like Joker exposing Undina Arcana back in the fall of '04 just not as funny.

Photographer went on vacation, had to wait.

And I SAAAAAID, my sister-in-law has pictures but she's been too busy to send them to me. Pay attention or I'll stop talking to you.

I think BDM's mom took pictures too but she uses a disposable camera, I assume we'll be getting the prints in the near future.

Photographer went on vacation, had to wait.

And I SAAAAAID, my sister-in-law has pictures but she's been too busy to send them to me. Pay attention or I'll stop talking to you.

I think BDM's mom took pictures too but she uses a disposable camera, I assume we'll be getting the prints in the near future.

Yeah, right. What couple is willing to accept "Sorry, your pictures will be delayed because Imma goin' on vacation!"
On top of that your sister-in-law and BDM's mother were the only ones with cameras?

Yeah. Didn't happen.

Big Dick McGee

DON'T FEED THE BOOHATS!

Baby, let's not post the pics here. Let's let Impy stew and try to bait us into posting them. :)

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
We'll see. I don't mind sharing our beautiful pictures, we paid a Goddamn fortune for our photographer, people should get to see his work!

And Imp, our pictures have been hosted on a website for well over a month, I've seen them all, we're just putting out album together on the 22nd. Dummy.

Good. Send the link.

Hell, take a picture of you two right now and post it. Please ensure your wedding bands are clear.

Oh yeah. Didn't happen.

Lilac

Luci ain't got nothin' on me.
"Do something. Oh, you didn't do it while I'm posting, so it didn't happen!"

I see a flaw in your logic.