Doctor Who: Series 6, Part 2 - Hitlers will be killed

whisky

Boobie inspector
Semi spoilerish, if you havent seen the official BBC Doctor Who website
2448.imgcache.jpg

Liking the new look, everything looks better when its worn and torn.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not a bad episode, but most of it was just a set up to next weeks finally, I half thought the buried cybership was the cyberking from the next doctor.

I guess they didn't want to take that direction.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I think everyone's better off forgetting the CyberKing.

I like that they kept the Cybermats cute. Matties should be cute.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ironically, that may be the first episode in this 2nd part of the season I wouldn't mind watching again.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The Cyberking idea would've made sense (though this episode took place in Essex, not London), but it's for the best that it'll NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN.

James Corden was pretty good again, I must admit. And the story was reasonable, although it didn't really cover any new ground. The gay couple misunderstanding was funny at first, but a bit too on the nose at the end. Next week's looks like it has so much packed in that it'll either be absolutely mind blowingly good, or a total mess.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well they only mentioned the location once as far as I noticed, when thingy mentioned they were in Colchester.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well, the last two minutes were pretty good and I liked the bit with Amy and Rory.

Sorry, still hate Corden. He wasn't actively annoying for the whole thing, but I didn't buy him and the Doctor being great mates and the Doctor visiting him the day before he dies (what about the missing 200 years?) And really that bit where he was going "it's a rat, it's a rat!" in a high-pitched voice while the jaunty background music lets us know it's funny....what the fuck was that.

The gay bit was funny when it was implied briefly, but then they have to go and say it then mention it again another ten times. Because being gay never stops being funny!

Lucky the Cybermen had a monitor on showing the crying baby...with the volume up really loud...and didn't think to turn it off.

AT LEAST NEXT WEEK ALL THOSE VIEWERS WHO ARE BOYCOTTING BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF DALEKS WILL TUNE BACK IN, EH, THE SUN.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Amy being on the big advert was a little Mary Jane-ish, eh?

I didn't know about the Daleks. :(

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
There was a very very brief shot of what looked like a Dalek eye stalk in the next time trailer, and I think that's all we know about them so far.

CaptainWacky

I thought I pretty clearly saw a Dalek in the next time bit, SORRY IF MY GOOD EYESIGHT IS A SPOILER.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I saw Greg James from Radio 1 in the back of one shot BUT I DIDN'T GO BLABBING ABOUT IT

(mostly because no one would care)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I heard him mention filming that months ago, but since then I have moved offices and no longer hear his show.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
How come he didn't want to talk to Amy and Rory at the end? VERY CONFUSING. I enjoyed all the madcap running around and stuff, but I didn't understand why he was there, is that a separate universe or something?

CaptainWacky

He sent the letters to Amy and Rory (and River) at the end to meet him in America. The Amy and Rory we saw this episode are the Amy and Rory from 'The Impossible Astronaut" who will go to meet the Doctor in America tomorrow. That's already happened from the point of view of the Amy and Rory who the Doctor left behind last week. I think.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
/\The Amy and Rory seen in this episode is from after they were dropped off in the last episode, and so after The Impossible Astronaut. Amy wasn't a model and/or creator of a successful perfume called "Petrichor" (a word she learnt in The Doctor's Wife") when we saw them at the start of the series.

He left them to live their own lives at the end of the last episode, and so didn't want to interfere when he saw them again by accident as it was clear they were doing well enough without him.