Doctor Who: Series 6, Part 2 - Hitlers will be killed

whisky

Boobie inspector
Thats a good point really.

Also once time got stuck, how long had he stayed inside the tesselector?

I mean he is wearing roman clothes and called soothsayer, plus has longer hair and a grayish beard, was he stuck in there for 2000 years?

Even if that bit got erased when time went back to normal, the Doctor is still 1100 now and spent 200 years travelling alone, which begs the question of why he would even need a companion any more since he has got so used to travelling alone, and lets face it, it certainly seems to be better for his health.

1st Doctor, travells with noone for most of his life, lives 850 years, next 9 Doctors travel with companions, live a few years at a time, 11th Doctor travels with no companions, lives 200 years without dying.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He had a 200 year long wank.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
ANYWAY, if that was the doctor inside the robot thing, then how did touching River work to end the stuck in time thingy?

The fixed point in time is - and always was - "River kills The Doctor in the Teselecta". It's just that The Doctor tricked everyone to think that it was normal him. What this means is that when River and the Teselecta touched it shorted out the alternate universe, because they were the focal points of it.

Also once time got stuck, how long had he stayed inside the tesselector?

I mean he is wearing roman clothes and called soothsayer, plus has longer hair and a grayish beard, was he stuck in there for 2000 years?

All of time was happening at the same time. So it's not like he said to wait 2000 years from Roman times to present day - it was all happening at once. That was the point. He was probably only there for a week or two, long enough to grow a beard.

Even if that bit got erased when time went back to normal, the Doctor is still 1100 now and spent 200 years travelling alone, which begs the question of why he would even need a companion any more since he has got so used to travelling alone, and lets face it, it certainly seems to be better for his health.

We have no idea what he did in those 200 years. Well, he met with River. It's actually entirely possible that he did have companions, or maybe he was alone all the time. We don't know.

1st Doctor, travells with noone for most of his life, lives 850 years, next 9 Doctors travel with companions, live a few years at a time, 11th Doctor travels with no companions, lives 200 years without dying.

The First Doctor was (probably) under 400 when he regenerated due to old age (and/or Mondas). The ages of the other Doctors are generally left to guessing, as his age changes randomly. The Fourth Doctor hung around with Romana for ages, and there's no saying he didn't stay with her for hundreds of years as they were both Time Lords. Same with the Fifth Doctor and Nyssa. The Sixth Doctor's timeline sort of goes mad and folds back on itself, and of course there's massive gaps in the Seventh's and Eighth's around the TV movie.

It's just when the show came back he's only been living a couple of years per regeneration.

whisky

Boobie inspector
How do you grow a beard when all of time is happening at once?

Dosn't time need to pass to grow hair?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Time still passes in a day-to-day way, it just doesn't progress beyond 5:02 PM on 22 April 2011. So it was 5:02 PM on 22 April 2011 for several weeks.

whisky

Boobie inspector
How would that even work?

Clocks and calendars stop working, but everything else just carries on?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It doesn't work, that's why it's a bad idea to let it carry on!

CaptainWacky

WHAT WAS THE LITTLE BRITAIN REFERENCE LOL.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Just a reminder that the first part of the last series of The Sarah Jane Adventures starts today at 5:15 on the CBBC Channel.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Has the Doctor ever been married before? ALSO, why did he marry River? Aren't they forever moving in opposite directions in time? He didn't seem to be romantically involved with her any more than he was with someone like Amy.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Marrying her was just a ruse to be able to whisper something in her ear without Rory and Amy hearing.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Has the Doctor ever been married before? ALSO, why did he marry River?

He once accidentally got married to an Aztec woman, but apart from that we don't know. Since we really don't know anything about his life before he left Gallifrey, it's possible he was married. He did have at least one child.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yes I'm sure just like that rumour about Billie Piper being the Eleventh Doctor was true.

EDIT: I like Lara Pulver though.

CaptainWacky

That would be as stupid as turning Catherine Tate into "The DoctorDonna" and have her make all the Daleks blow up my pulling a stupid face and pressing a few buttons!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That's not what we pay our license for!!

CaptainWacky

It's for "Hole In The Wall", right?